Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Disable aftermarket alarm ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 06:52 PM
Starting Member
'93BLZR is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Disable aftermarket alarm ??

Ok, so I finally got my blazer unlocked, and hooked up a battery to it. I wanted to pop the back glass open, but instead i saw only a flashing red light and a beep as if I had the key in the ignition. Don't know if it disables ignition or not. Anything I should look for?

Last edited by '93BLZR; 12-16-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:44 AM
Starting Member

So I found an inline fuse and tons of spliced wires. Very messy wiring. I still can't shut off the alarm.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:32 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Usually there is a control box somewhere that all the wires plug into. if you just unplug the control box it should disable the alarm system entirely.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:46 PM
Starting Member

Isn't it usually still linked to the ignition system? I'm thinking if I find where it is and unplug it, it will break the ignition circuit and cause it not to start

Old 12-19-2017, 03:26 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

My buddy had an issue where the aftermarket alarm in his 2010 Honda civic kept going off and flashing the light, killing his battery. I poked around until I found the unit, unplugged it and he hasn't had an issue since. I couldn't imagine a 93 having a more advanced system installed than a 2010...

I'm pretty certain when installed, you don't cut any factory wires, but just splice into them. So with the unit removed the original wires should still be functional.

Try unplugging it and see if you still have ignition. If you don't, plug it back in until you can figure out the wiring

If it doesnt interupt the ignition circuit- problem solved.and you can clean up the wiring at your leisure

Old 12-19-2017, 03:31 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

To be able to rule it out as any future problems, I would remove all the alarm system's wiring and repair anything messy. I'd leave the blinking LED on the dash and wire it to a hidden toggle switch to look like an armed alarm system.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:54 PM
Starting Member

Okay, I removed one 10 amp fuse and three 20 amp fuses that went to the alarm system. Now there's no giant beeping or blinking or flashing of the tail lights. I was able to locate the alarm under the dash but I'll have to do some more disassembly to actually unplug it. As of now I don't know if it has disabled anything because I don't have keys. Right now I'm trying to get the steering wheel off with my puller doesn't fit and I can't get it off

Old 12-21-2017, 12:10 PM
Starting Member
Default What is this??

There were some telephone style wires connected. Neither were connected to anything. It also had a switch run to power it

Old 12-31-2017, 07:35 PM
Starting Member

Okay after finally dealing with the stupid alarm system draining my battery I decided to remove it. The first thing I did was just unplug it. Then I realized, that there was no power to the ignition so I trace down the two wires and just connect them together to get the truck to start. After that, I noticed that my power door locks didn't work, so I looked at the wiring diagram and it shows a whole bunch of wires for the lock and unlock. Does anyone know what these lead to? or what color the door lock wires are?

Old 12-31-2017, 07:46 PM
Starting Member

Quick Reply: Disable aftermarket alarm ??