Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Help 97 Blazer!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Starting Member
everaith is on a distinguished road
Default Help 97 Blazer!!

so i just recently purchased a 97 chevy blazer 4d, 4x4. so far, the electric seats dont work, and neither do the door locks. i beleive that both of these systems are run off the PWR ACCY circuit. however, when i put a fuse in place, it almost imediatley blows. ive also tried the circuit breaker from the electric window circuit, and it just trips it. ive tried to locate all the wiring under the carpet, and behind the door panel, and it all seems to be fine. also, the blazer also shows its only holding at maybe 11 volts. idk if this is a problem, but ive tested the system w a volt meter, and it says its at 14.3. maybe a faulty volt meter in the dash? the rear wiper also dosent work, and ive noticed that when shifting the trans from neutral to either drive or reverse, it bangs into gear. and when u get the truck out on the road, it bangs hard from 1st to 2nd. i know that these transmissions are built of alot of electrical components, and was wondering if i should be looking for a failure in the electrical system somewhere, or maybe its the trans itself. So, im wondering if anybody has had these issues and maybe could help me out. im sure the problems are independent from each other, as its an older vehicle, but i would love it if it was just a simple electrical fix. thanks for any and all help