Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

which hid kit is best?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

they might. but there is a way past the DRLs too, theres install kits or solder in a little resistor on your auto light sensor.... i think?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:12 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by POWERSTROKEN
My next HID instal, and Road Armor bumper. Right now I have PIA extreme white bulbs from a stereo shop that cost almost $100 for the pair and in no way compare to the HID kit. Jim

while i can't quote your attached pic's from page 4, i was wondering when we were gonna get to see your name sake.

Originally Posted by Nikoli
Will the DRL's flicker with a ddm kit? Is their a way to turn them off?
Originally Posted by BlazinClinton
they might. but there is a way past the DRLs too, theres install kits or solder in a little resistor on your auto light sensor.... i think?

on these trucks? i don't even remember doing the terminal bending on the DRL relay to bypass them. mine do not function with HID's installed (as none of these trucks do).

the resistor you're refering to Clinton, is for the AHL disable (Auto Head Light) and you don't need to solder it in, just tape it up after you insert it into the plug for the light sensor.

the only vehicle i've come across that has the flicker issue, is one of my brother's, he has a '99 Maxima. and according to a stereo/electronics guy i know (that has been selling HID's for 9 years now) it's a simple relay install to fix. takes him like 5 minutes to fix this issue. from what we have talked about, it seems to be an Import issue mostly.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:58 AM
POWERSTROKEN is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
while i can't quote your attached pic's from page 4, i was wondering when we were gonna get to see your name sake.

Lookin for this? Specs are: 2000 E350, 7.3 PSD, 4x4, Powershot 2000 propane injection, Edge Evolution programer, 4R100 with Banks trans control, 4:56's, D60 ARB, D70 Detroit, Road Armor front bumper with custom stinger/guard, dual Warn M12,000 winches, 35x14.50x20 IROK's on 20x10 Trail Ready beadlocks, interior fully insulated and carpeted, Auto meter gauges, Pioneer Tv/DVD player, 12 MB Quart speakers, RF amps, diesel fired engine furnace, and a diesel furnace in rear, Master Craft suspension seats, Transfer flow 46 gallon fuel tank, she's my baby. When go out wheeling and it's raining old cold. I have a futton mattress for in the back. I don't like bring wet or cold (for long periods). Thanks Jim

Attached Thumbnails which hid kit is best?-rocks-14.jpg   which hid kit is best?-rockwells-029.jpg   which hid kit is best?-35s-van.jpg   which hid kit is best?-powerstroken.jpg   which hid kit is best?-phone-031.jpg  

Last edited by POWERSTROKEN; 03-04-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:01 AM

Ive been known to play with it too...LOL

Attached Thumbnails which hid kit is best?-rockwells-017.jpg   which hid kit is best?-van-taurus.jpg   which hid kit is best?-van-taurus-1.jpg   which hid kit is best?-van-taurus-2.jpg  
Old 03-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Starting Member

i would have to say, that is one bad *** van!

however you lose points for not painting it up in the A-Team colors, i understand we all have a business to run and whatnot.

would you be interested in adding your van to a facebook challenge? look up "Custom Truck Parts" and im sure ull find my companies web site, we have a little modded vehicle contest going on right now, and im sure with your van you could take the van section and drive over it like some taurus/sable wagon...

one word of warning though, Fords are getting pooped on because "theyre fords" on our facebook by the other fans.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by BlazinClinton
i would have to say, that is one bad *** van!

however you lose points for not painting it up in the A-Team colors, i understand we all have a business to run and whatnot.

would you be interested in adding your van to a facebook challenge? look up "Custom Truck Parts" and im sure ull find my companies web site, we have a little modded vehicle contest going on right now, and im sure with your van you could take the van section and drive over it like some taurus/sable wagon...

one word of warning though, Fords are getting pooped on because "theyre fords" on our facebook by the other fans.
Kool, I'll do it. That's ok. I'm actually a Chevy guy. It just that when I was looking for a van What Chevy had available really sucked. They were kinda ugly inside and out, and the diesel at the time was a joke. Thanks Jim

Old 03-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Beginning Member
Nikoli is on a distinguished road

on these trucks? i don't even remember doing the terminal bending on the DRL relay to bypass them. mine do not function with HID's installed (as none of these trucks do).

the resistor you're refering to Clinton, is for the AHL disable (Auto Head Light) and you don't need to solder it in, just tape it up after you insert it into the plug for the light sensor.

the only vehicle i've come across that has the flicker issue, is one of my brother's, he has a '99 Maxima. and according to a stereo/electronics guy i know (that has been selling HID's for 9 years now) it's a simple relay install to fix. takes him like 5 minutes to fix this issue. from what we have talked about, it seems to be an Import issue mostly.
What/ where is this AHL sensor that i have to tape up?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Nikoli
What/ where is this AHL sensor that i have to tape up?
if u unplug the sensor it does the same thing as taping it, turns on your low beams every where you go.

its the little bump on the front right speaker grill

Old 03-05-2011, 05:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

that's why you have to put in that resistor, in place of the light sensor.

depending on what year your truck is, depends on which resistor you need.

'98 is the only one that is different.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Beginning Member
Nikoli is on a distinguished road

that's why you have to put in that resistor, in place of the light sensor.

depending on what year your truck is, depends on which resistor you need.

'98 is the only one that is different.
So what kind of resistor would i need for 1999?

Quick Reply: which hid kit is best?