Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Glove-box Light

Old 12-22-2010, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

The glove-box light stays on, how can I take the bulb out?

My glovebox light stays on, if the glovebox door is open or shut. I've known about this for several weeks but have had no problems with starting my car, until now. It won't start.

Funny, at first when I turned the key to AC (back one click) the radio worked, but that was it. no dash lights, radio lights, etc. then that stopped and the only sign of life is a whining if I leave the door open with the key turned to ON.

so, if I can get my car started, which I doubt because I pulled into the driveway.. how do I get that stupid lightbulb in the glovebox disconnected?

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-30-2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can pull the bulb. But it sounds like your problem is more involved than that if it involves your A/C & Radio...

Old 12-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

is this one of those "the light in the fridge is always on" stories?

when your lights are on so is the glove box, and your cig lighter tray has one that stays on too. theres a few lights that turn on with your head lights and they are there for a reason.

now if it is ALWAYS on, analyze what you need to do to get it out. your mind is a good thing to use before asking a question.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:52 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

thanks, we got it fixed

A neighbor came while my dad and I were jump starting the car and got the light cover off and my dad used some pliers to pull out the light.

but thanks for responding

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-30-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Combining duplicate posts* - Please do not post the same question in multiple forum sections as this is prohibited by the rules of the forum.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran

sorry