Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

LED Bulb Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Beginning Member
TheZR2ThatCould is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb LED Bulb Replacement

Hello all, I just bought a brush guard for my 2000, 2 door, 4x4 blazer. When I bought it, it came with 2- 6" KC day-lighters which I am a big fan of. I however, do not light the fact that they are halogens and not LED's. Has anyone ever replaced the bulb on these? I believe the bulbs are categorized as "H3" and 100w. If anyone has done this please reply with any suggestions or tips. Can I just get $25 LED's that are 100w online that will fit? I dont want to really spend more than $40 on bulbs or a gravity set. Thanks!

Old 05-03-2018, 05:26 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I am in the same boat, my friend.

I came into a couple KC's from a buddy a few years ago, and put them on a month or so ago.

I've already been looking at LED versions...but switching the bulbs would be more economical, I reckon.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

I don't have an answer to your question, but what bullguard is that? I was thinking about getting a Sentina off a Police supplier but I'm not 100% if it will fit.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough
Old 05-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Beginning Member

So, Cimmerian I got this guard for $100 locally off of a face book marketplace advertisement so I would suggest keeping you eyes open on craigslist and whatnot. When I got this, it was made for a 1st gen S10 truck so it fits my front end but not the mounts. It is very very easy to weld on mounts even with little to no experience and if you would like more photos of the mount and or the guard itself, private message me. They are also on eBay for roughly $250. Worst case scenario you can get a regular sized bar and cut the sides and bottom to fit your blazer.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Beginning Member

I went with these and I have to say thank you because they turned out better than I could have hoped!

Old 05-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Beginning Member

Read my lower reply to "Tom A" they are cheap and easy to fix. I got the same ones on ebay for 8$! Here is the link everyone. - Cree LED Light Link

Old 05-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheZR2ThatCould
So, Cimmerian I got this guard for $100 locally off of a face book marketplace advertisement so I would suggest keeping you eyes open on craigslist and whatnot. When I got this, it was made for a 1st gen S10 truck so it fits my front end but not the mounts. It is very very easy to weld on mounts even with little to no experience and if you would like more photos of the mount and or the guard itself, private message me. They are also on eBay for roughly $250. Worst case scenario you can get a regular sized bar and cut the sides and bottom to fit your blazer.
Thanks for the reply! I might stick with the Sentina then since it would require no welding and has the lights built in. Your truck looks awesome though!

Old 05-07-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by TheZR2ThatCould
Read my lower reply to "Tom A" they are cheap and easy to fix. I got the same ones on ebay for 8$! Here is the link everyone. - Cree LED Light Link
Thanks for doing the legwork. Ordering..........now!

Old 05-07-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
Thanks for the reply! I might stick with the Sentina then since it would require no welding and has the lights built in. Your truck looks awesome though!
My wife got me my grill guard for x-mas 3 years ago, Aries brand. Had it shipped...just barely fit in the back of the blazer.

Anywho, the mounts (for the top bumper/frame rail) that came with it were....not working the best, we'll say. I contacted the company about it. They proceeded to send me more of the same mounts. I had it on for a week before taking it off. Didn't feel safe.
A month later, I find a nice set of mounts at the salvage yard. Been on for a few years now.

Quick Reply: LED Bulb Replacement