Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

power seat relay

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 AM
msmith22 is on a distinguished road
Default power seat relay

I have a 2001 blazer Lt. I bought it second hand. The power seats aren't working, so I went to the relay block and found the power seat relay was missing. I'm assuming this is the problem. I don't have the original relay so I'm not sure what I'm looking for in regards to replacing it. Don't know amperage or part number, nothing. I can't find any specs on the internet or in the manual either. Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm looking for? Any help appreciated thanks

Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It should be a circuit breaker in that location. It was likely removed because of a problem with the wiring under the driver side carpet in front of the seat. This is a fairly common problem. There is a splice joint in the main power wire that corrodes and/or shorts out due to moisture intrusion.

Pull back the carpet and have a look at the wiring before attempting to replace the circuit breaker. There are other threads discussing this topic and I seem to remember one of them having pictures of the wiring involved and a quick discussion about the circuit breaker. Search for various terms I have used in this post, stringing the terms together using the '+' sign in the search box. Something like "power+seat+splice+breaker" might get you the right results.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:14 PM
msmith22 is on a distinguished road

Is the circuit breaker replaceable? Can I use a generic one or is it vehicle specific?