Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   $30 - not a bad multi mount video recorder (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/%2430-not-bad-multi-mount-video-recorder-70780/)

Rottidog 05-16-2012 09:17 PM

$30 - not a bad multi mount video recorder

I saw this on eBay </title><meta name="description" content="HD720P 2.5" LCD Car DVR Vehicle Camera Video Recorder in Consumer Electronics , Home Surveillance , Digital Video Recorders, Cards |eBay"><meta name="keywords" content="HD720P 2.5" LCD Car DVR Vehicle Camera

For 30 bucks & it does:
Mode: Video Recorder / Camera
Image sensor: 1/4 color CMOS WXGA HD Sensor
WXGA :
1280 x 960 Pixels, 30fps
WVGA: 840 x 480 Pixels, 30fps
VGA: 640 x 480 Pixels, 30fps
Recording file: m.jpeg
Lens: 120° Wide View Angle
Support SD/MMC Cards: Up to 64GB(memory card no included)
Support Real Time & Date display on video
Recording Automatically After the Power Up
High speed recording and quick light respond
Repeat storage by section
Cycled recording
Power input: DC5V
Power Supplied by built-in rechargeablce battery, Car Charger or AC100~240V(Optional)
Interface: USB2.0
Microphone: Include
Multi language: English, Russian, Chinese
Caution: This is NO HDMI version. although the picture shows HDMI connector.

Not too shabby for $30 & free shipping.
Just thought some may like to see something other than a GoPro & at a lot less $$$ & the 120 degree veiwing angle is pretty decent.

BUT it is from over there & yeah you may be taking a small chance. But even still for a dash mount video recorder that you can watch & don't have to mess with - for $30 = Hell Yeah!
I may order one & let you know how it is watching etc on a witto wee 2.5" display lol My Samsung Galaxy has an almost 5" display & that's my phone! So the veiwing is small but playback should be decent in 1080 x 720.

Just an FYI for you.

chris015 05-16-2012 09:21 PM

my brother got this actually. its OK. but its still got nothing on the gopro. I actually wanna get this for me. once the gopro drops in price il get it too.

xgiovannix12 05-16-2012 09:47 PM

I dont think go pros are ever going to drop

I want one too sadly =P

chris015 05-16-2012 09:50 PM

its one hell of a cam. im subscribed to a few people on youtube and they use em. AMAZING cameras

Rottidog 05-16-2012 09:53 PM

Chris: well yeah it's no GoPro but it is VERY cheap & does have a bunch of mounts, records in different qualities, you can watch it on the witto wee screen but did I mention cheap? No GoPro for sure but for budget minded ppl it'll give them a way of recording & us a view at that... IMO

John from NYolk: I agree, they are just too damn popular & do what they do too damn well. they'd be idiots to drop the price with all the popularity they have in extreme markets.

xgiovannix12 05-16-2012 10:00 PM

yea man ive been entering there daily giveaway on facebook Ill get a link for yall =D

GoPro Everything We Make Daily Giveaway

Rottidog 05-16-2012 10:08 PM

They are great! No (as the GF mocks me) doot aboot it! I don't talk like that lol. $300 for a GoPro is good & what is the market for them, then there's the pro models.... I haven't gone there because.. well yeah $$$. I'd spend $30 on this recorder on ebay & get something other than spending $300 on a GoPro for better video, more stable etc & take the $ I saved & put it towards umm gas lol or what it needs to be road & off road worthy. The vids can follow after it's ready but I'd still get vids from my cell or camera... just not mounted like a GoPro or as good. Cest la vie!

Rottidog 05-16-2012 10:11 PM

Speaking of money, you've got to be bummed aboot putting the blazer to (registration) rest right now. I know I would be.

Have you or are you close to having the Bronco Bronx Bitch on the road yet? BTW Bronx Bitch is a copyright from me for a rotti/great dane I had Bronx was her name & she was the most awsome, gente HUGE bitch you'd not want to run into when she's in a bad mood kind of dog. Total sweetheart of a dog, a rotti or rotti cross I'd trust at my mothers & awsome.

You may call your Bronco The Bronx Bitch (NY thing lol) if you like (you're a good enough person to do her justice IMO). It'll do my Bronx justice. If you knew her, you'd understand. I miss her, g'night

xgiovannix12 05-16-2012 10:18 PM

yea man IM going nuts .... and its running terrible since the spark plug wires are leaking .. great timing go figure

Rottidog 05-16-2012 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12 (Post 519951)
yea man I'M going nuts .... and its running terrible since the spark plug wires are leaking .. great timing go figure

And your light show under the hood... dist. is mounted OK, a bolt isn't loose?
Vacuum leak? Missed a line here or there? A wire for the distributor?

What timing.. the dist or just life timing?