Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

1987 camaro iroc z28 with T-Tops

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Starting Member
97ssblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my neighbors is selling a 87 iroc z-28, Very clean exterior, the interior has a few minor tears and the driver seat. According to Wikipedia its is one of 1007 car built with t-tops in 87.
He needs a truck as he is having twins and needs room for baby seats. He wants to trade straight up my blazer for his camaro. camaro has 135k on it and blazer has 166k on it. I have about 8k invested in to my blazer. 5k on jasper 4.3L crate engine and 3k on custom built 4L60E with new transfer case. my motor has 21k on it now with 7K on trans and transfer case.

pics of the Camaro
http://img19.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img2181lsk.jpg

so would it be a good trade?

Last edited by rriddle3; 04-08-2009 at 06:41 AM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 04-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Beginning Member
BomBlazer is on a distinguished road

Well, it's a nice Camaro and the TPI adds some value to it, not mention an extra kick... but it mainly depends on your personal value of it. Money wise, you probably wouldn't get all the moeny you put in to your Blazer back, if you put that much into it you may not even get half of it back. So if you were both selling on the market, you'd be close I would say. It just depends on if you want to lose your Blazer and opt for something that's smaller and lower to the ground.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Starting Member

right. ill never see what I've put into my blazer . I just love old chevys. and it is 1 of 1007 made in 87 with t-top even fewer were with the iroc z28 package (500) i read in a 3rd gen forum. the motor has a rocker tick i think so im gonna tell the guy if he wants to do this he needs to do a tune up and have that tick checked, as he tried to blame the tick on a tune up, my blazer has been properly maintained with full synthetics since the new drivetrain. he REALLY wants my truck so i want him to make his run in tip top shape before i even consider it.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Beginning Member
90K5 is on a distinguished road

I would keep my blazer if I was in your situation. Sometimes it isnt about the value and the rarety of a car. But its the labor of love that you get with it. You can always put forth the same effort into that camaro aswell, but its not as vesitile as the blazer is.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member
LS Twins is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new here but I'll toss my two cent's in-
Yes that look's decent-and you are obviously considering this trade,I was wondering about the A/C it looked like the belt was gone so you know that's a few $$$ to repair.
And also did'nt the Z/28 have fender vent's? maybe its the Pontiac T/A only that had vents in the fender's -just a couple things I thought.
Sometimes we need a change-so it's really up to you!

Oh and I"m almost certain the T-Tops will leak!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would say go for it, but I also have a second 4wd... LOL If you use your truck as a truck and do not have anything else to fill this need, then you may want to let it pass.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Beginning Member
BomBlazer is on a distinguished road

^ exactly. I prefer my Blazer over the '82 Camaro I had because it's a lot more versatile. My Camaro wouldn't haul much cargo and it couldn't go anywhere near off-road. Thnk about it. I would worry about the tick, if it aint fixed with a tune up (and to be honest I really doubt it will be) then I would say that's a red-flag.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Starting Member

yea i think its a big fail. The kid really geeked on my truck and is all for the trade so that seems a little fishy that he wants it gone so bad.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:17 AM
FoxTrota is an unknown quantity at this point

In my own opinion i believe you should keep the Blazer.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

Keep the Blazer ... You already know what you have going with it .. you get into another care your inheriting a whole other collection of issues ... Plus the Blazer is more verstitile and can you picture trying to drive through the snow in a Camaro .. I've done it before and believe me it royally sucks.

Quick Reply: 1987 camaro iroc z28 with T-Tops