Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

tuff time leaving GM-Wbody.com

Old 02-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

i used to be a LONG time member and the #1 poster... i dont have much of a life other than driving and shooting pictures, so i bought a 4X4 blazer. and it was AFTER i crashed my second W body due to snow banks.

so that being said im pretty damn good when it comes to W repairs, but the whole 4X4 blazer situation is new to me. but omfg do i ever love being able to climb retarded stuff that my old z34 could not do.

but dont get me wrong about Fred (my 91 Lumina Z34) that monster could go ANYWHERE and sometimes i would go farther than pickups could go!!! mind you these were 2WD trucks, but still, this is a Z34! and a NICE one! i had my spotter (kevlar) with me and with him by my side i was confident conquering nearly any 4X4 obstacle, sometimes it may take us alot of time, but together we could do nearly anything! unless the body kit was getting hung up TOO far! lol

NOW i own a 4WD truck and am used to abusing my AWD 1/16 electric (brushless) RC and am ready to do what is needed to be done to get my blazer in some fun spots! muwahahaha

i shoulda made this my intro but it is tuff, and i wanna own another W body so i want to stay there as well, but my next one is going to be a 5 spd drop top! (Cutlass Vert if you are unfamiliar)
or im going to a F body for a summer car. that or a... dun dunnna na!!! Mustang. (ya hate me) lol

and in all honesty, if you own a 89+ cutlass, regal, lumina, monte carlo, grand prix, or any of the newer w body vehicles this is the BEST place to go for help or even just a forum on the subject.

GM W-Body

Last edited by rriddle3; 02-23-2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 AM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Put a Monte Carlo body on a K5 frame and have the best of both worlds

Old 02-23-2011, 10:22 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

how's that one grab ya?

personally, i'd luv to get my hands on a nice WS6.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
how's that one grab ya?

personally, i'd luv to get my hands on a nice WS6.
thats one sexy cartruck! there was a deville sittin on a chevy half ton chassis for sale when i got my blazer, but it kinda looked a little half assed.

i like that cuz the Monte is basically a two door lumina (in that body style) and i used to have a Lumina Z34! lol mine didnt have a camaro style hood scoop though, just the regular z34 hood vents.

on a side note im going to have to get my RPO code book out again. i know all the Wbody ones off by heart and just by looking at the tag in the trunk know everything and all there is to know about those cars.

not one of my Wbodies could make it in the places ive taken my blazer so far!

i am however thinking about saving up for another car, i like turning fast.... oh god how i miss turning fast. how i miss being able to hit 180 (kmh) and not feel like im going to tip over! so far ive had my blazer up to 130 and it felt scary and didnt really want to go faster. 140 woulda been a tough push and 150 is probably not going to happen. MAYBE down a hill with LOTS of wind on my butt.

BUTT the lumina would never make it up the hills and thru the snow i go in with the blazer! so i want both.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:32 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BlazinClinton
thats one sexy cartruck! there was a deville sittin on a chevy half ton chassis for sale when i got my blazer, but it kinda looked a little half assed.
glad you like that Monte. saw it on Kijiji here.....last year i think it was.

Originally Posted by BlazinClinton
i am however thinking about saving up for another car, i like turning fast.... oh god how i miss turning fast. how i miss being able to hit 180 (kmh) and not feel like im going to tip over! so far ive had my blazer up to 130 and it felt scary and didnt really want to go faster. 140 woulda been a tough push and 150 is probably not going to happen. MAYBE down a hill with LOTS of wind on my butt.
there's gotta be something wrong with your truck then brother, 'cause i've topped mine out @ 170, and will cruise along @ 140 all day without any issues.

other than fuel that is!

you probably would've shat your pants in my Jimmy.

paced my friend's '98 328is (about 3 feet off his bumper) @ 245. never would've believed it if my brother wasn't sitting in his car.

never would've believed a Z-code could do that either.