Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   214. . .215. . .216. . . (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/214-215-216-a-30300/)

Yooper 05-06-2009 12:51 PM

214. . .215. . .216. . .

Well, it has been 216 days since I last drove my Blazer. I sure do miss her. I am currently in Iraq and will be for about another 150 days. I won't even get to drive her when I go on my R & R leav. I will be heading to my hometown in Michigan and my Blazer will still be at Fort Riley. When I get back, I have a few things I am going to do. Nothing too intensive though. My steering is pretty sloppy, so I am going to get that figured out. I am going to redo plugs wires and cap. There are also a few liitle things that I would like to take care of. My hood latch is a PITA, so I am going to replace that and the drivers side door jamb switch is broke. Another thing that I was considering is covering the area below the side moulding and around the wheel flares with Herculiner. I was thinking of doing it in White to match the Blazer, but I am afraid it will look too tacky and be too hard to keep clean. I suppose I could do it in black. I plan on doing the inside of the wheel wells black anyway. What do you guys think???? Should I go white or black??? Or should I just leave well enough alone??? I am actually keeping a "Blazer To Do" list. Boy is it getting long. We will see how much money I have when I get back. The wife is spending it all right now :)

blazen99 05-06-2009 12:52 PM

thank you. for your time in iraq

okvortec 05-06-2009 01:35 PM

Yes, thank you for what you're doing in Iraq it doesn't go unappreciated, What branch are you serving in?

Yooper 05-06-2009 02:25 PM

I am an Infantryman in the Army and have been for a little over 5 years. I plan on staying in as long as Uncle Sam lets me.

swartlkk 05-06-2009 03:29 PM

Yes, thank you very much for your service!

Just let us know when you get back home safe and have some QT to spend with your Blazer. We'll help you get it fixed back up!

okvortec 05-07-2009 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper (Post 215113)
I am an Infantryman in the Army and have been for a little over 5 years. I plan on staying in as long as Uncle Sam lets me.

Thats cool, I was sooo close to enlisting in the marines last year straight out of highschool, but the offer of free college kept me home! :)

kiwiblazer 05-07-2009 02:06 AM

Hey man, good to hear from you again. You need to get back. Your truck's going to waste. LOL

Yooper 05-07-2009 04:54 AM

Yeah, I am glad that I have someone at home that will at least drive it every once in a while so she dosen't just sit there. Nothing worse than a vehicle sitting there doing nothing, right????

ABN31B 05-07-2009 11:24 AM

Yooper, 1ID sucks. :p
j/k. without breaking OPSEC where abouts are you in Iraq?

Yooper 05-07-2009 02:20 PM

I am in Baghdad.