The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Any Cyclists out there? - What do you ride and how do you get it there!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Beginning Member
2000Bansheeboy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by streblo
Alright i know a bunch of you ride your bikes cuz ive seen pics of your blazers with bike racks on them.

So what do you ride? (i.e. mountain, road, etc.)
How do you get it there? (pic of your rack)
And for you real enthusiasts out there how many bikes do you have? (if more than one what is your fav?)
How much is your bike(s) worth?
I ride freestyle BMX (street, dirt, and park)
I ride my bike everywhere or stick it in the bed of my many friends pickup trucks
I have 2 bikes
and my best bike, as it sits (not including everything before it) is worth a lil over 1200

here's some action shots

Old 01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

nice, youve got some good air coming out of that bowl!

What type of bike(Frame) you runnin? and whats your build?
I got a bmx 2 summers ago, 1st summer i rode it alot, last summer i was maybe lucky to have got 5 rides the whole year in on it.

Heres my bmx, eastern tramp frame, eastern fork, wtp helium bars, fit saddle and pedals, faf tires, rear wheel is a khe reverse freecoaster hub with 1664 rim, front wheel is a cheapo, i have a new 1664 rim and tree front hub that i have yet to build. Rear brake (yes i run a brake), is a cheapo but i have an RI rear brake with an odyssey lever i just havent gotten around to putting on.........................A bike mechanics bike is the last to be worked on (ya im not a bike mech, i do everything, sales, ordering, etc. and fill in when they are sick)

As for what i can do on it this is about the extent that i can ride a bmx:P
when you have 11 bikes and all of them are different its soooo hard to get equal use out of them all, you end up using one more than another. 2 summers ago was bmx, last year was road (total 180 switch there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_snBECYgw

Old 01-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Beginning Member

nice, youve got some good air coming out of that bowl!

What type of bike(Frame) you runnin? and whats your build?
I got a bmx 2 summers ago, 1st summer i rode it alot, last summer i was maybe lucky to have got 5 rides the whole year in on it.

Heres my bmx, eastern tramp frame, eastern fork, wtp helium bars, fit saddle and pedals, faf tires, rear wheel is a khe reverse freecoaster hub with 1664 rim, front wheel is a cheapo, i have a new 1664 rim and tree front hub that i have yet to build. Rear brake (yes i run a brake), is a cheapo but i have an RI rear brake with an odyssey lever i just havent gotten around to putting on.........................A bike mechanics bike is the last to be worked on (ya im not a bike mech, i do everything, sales, ordering, etc. and fill in when they are sick)

As for what i can do on it this is about the extent that i can ride a bmx:P
when you have 11 bikes and all of them are different its soooo hard to get equal use out of them all, you end up using one more than another. 2 summers ago was bmx, last year was road (total 180 switch there)
Thanks! and we actually have the same frame haha, i broke my old traildigger and got the tramp for $90. and by build do you mean my body? if so I'm 5'10" and 165lbs. And the key to BMX is practice and *****! You can't be scared of anything haha, that's where I fall short sometimes, I dont like gettin hurt all the time haha.

And my bike is an eastern tramp, my back wheel is an alienation runaway rim, primo spokes and proper magnalite-3 9t hub, front wheel is an alienation deviant rim, primo spokes and primo N4FL hub, sputnic skyline bars, ODI grips, FBM crown royal stem, sputnic headset, primo kamikaze forks, eastern tribe cranks, DK PC pedals, stolen eternity ring 23t sprocket, mechanik half trac chain, stolen revolver 19mm BB, macneil seat, FBM post, Alienation Graffiti folding front tire and a Primo E-comet folding tire in back. And I'm workin on puttin on my brakes again, I kept breaking cables!!!

And I feel you on the 11 bikes!! I'm sure it's a HUGE switch goin from road bikes to bmx in the first place! I think I'm gonna start racing BMX soon, we'll see how that goes haha.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Beginning Member

Oh and here's my edit I just finished!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUqu2zSqsWs

Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Yes by build i mean how your bike was built up.

Nice build BTW. How do you like the 23/9? Ive always ran 25/9

We are getting a bmx track here hopefully in a year or two, when that happens i will give racing bmx a try.

Sick edit BTW

Old 01-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Beginning Member

Yes by build i mean how your bike was built up.

Nice build BTW. How do you like the 23/9? Ive always ran 25/9

We are getting a bmx track here hopefully in a year or two, when that happens i will give racing bmx a try.

Sick edit BTW
Thanks man, I love it and it's perfectly set up for me. I love the 23/9 better because I honestly like acceleration better than top speed. Plus I ride around a lot and it's hard on my knees starting pedaling all the time.
And that's tight, we have a place a couple miles down the street of that first park in my vid that's a beautiful dirt track. I needa build a race bike first though, or at least get brakes on my current bike

Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

I used to ride all the time, but I haven't been riding so much anymore.

I have a ton of bikes, but my favorite is my junky old Next mountain bike. Typically I don't haul it around; usually, when I ride, I ride to the place where I'm gonna ride.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:39 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

My Trek 820 I got from General Motors a few years ago and my old school Schwinn World Sport from like 1985 hanging from the rafters.

Attached Thumbnails Any Cyclists out there? - What do you ride and how do you get it there!-bike-1-1-.jpg   Any Cyclists out there? - What do you ride and how do you get it there!-bike-1-2-.jpg  
Old 01-28-2011, 06:00 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

[/IMG] I think I may have forgotten how to ride a bike. But when I do I usually just ride it to where I wanna go or back of the truck.