Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Need help 2000 4.3 vortec

Old 05-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Starting Member
dtmorgan1991 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help 2000 4.3 vortec

Okay so I pulled the gas tank to clean in the back of the Jeep put some padding make it look better..it's 4.3 swap to cj jeep. Anyways pulled the fuel tank, disconnected the hoses cleaned the trunk area where the gasnk is located. Of course unhooked the fuel pump but didn't pull it out..put it all back together...wouldn't start barley spit anything out of the valve on the fuel line on the the throtte body...figured fuel pressure was off. Pulled pump and the hose that went into the fuel from the pump was barley connected. Tightened it up and when I purged it from the valve again it had way more force than before and thought the problem was solved well we went around the block drove for about 3 miles then started spuddering gave it gas and it dies...like it was flooding. Wouldnt start...like the battery was dead. Put jumpercables on it disconnected them gave it gas it dies. Before this maintenance / cleaning it ran fine until we done all this. I need help where to start.. I'm lost. Messing with the fuel system it's obviously something to do with that just don't koow what. And ideas will be very helpful thanks

Old 06-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Jydjohn0915 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello...

Originally Posted by dtmorgan1991
Okay so I pulled the gas tank to clean in the back of the Jeep put some padding make it look better..it's 4.3 swap to cj jeep. Anyways pulled the fuel tank, disconnected the hoses cleaned the trunk area where the gasnk is located. Of course unhooked the fuel pump but didn't pull it out..put it all back together...wouldn't start barley spit anything out of the valve on the fuel line on the the throtte body...figured fuel pressure was off. Pulled pump and the hose that went into the fuel from the pump was barley connected. Tightened it up and when I purged it from the valve again it had way more force than before and thought the problem was solved well we went around the block drove for about 3 miles then started spuddering gave it gas and it dies...like it was flooding. Wouldnt start...like the battery was dead. Put jumpercables on it disconnected them gave it gas it dies. Before this maintenance / cleaning it ran fine until we done all this. I need help where to start.. I'm lost. Messing with the fuel system it's obviously something to do with that just don't koow what. And ideas will be very helpful thanks
I'd start off taking pump out. Check electrical connections, sock, make sure didn't suck up some gunk