Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   The end is near... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/end-near-91415/)

davtak 12-17-2015 09:06 AM

The end is near...

I'm still around....but the end is near for my Blazer :/ But....if everything works out how I hope it does, I will still be in the Blazer family sort of. I'm looking at a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer XLT...and plan on actually later today going to check it out. The Blazer just has too many issues that I am not willing to dump more money into. Here's a short list:

Needs new exhaust (cracked off after muffler when i hit a pothole a few weeks ago)
Needs new fuel pump (sending unit is shot)
Leaking transmission fluid (seems to be coming from seal at tranny/transfer case junction)
Leaking oil (from somewhere)
Doors sagging
Door locks are messing with factory alarm
Window motors are going
Front end wheel bearings are shot
Front suspension needs work
Check engine light has been on for years (laundry list of possibilities)
Front brakes and rotors, maybe calipers
and more.....

It's just getting to be too much...not to mention is started to rust badly and quickly. I just don't have the time and effort...and not to mention the money...to put into it to make it better. I'm living a very busy life right now, my girlfriend and I just celebrated one year a little over a month ago and soon we hope to get a place together, I'm still doing my charity work and conventions, I'm handling a full time job while looking for a new job for when I move out of state with my gf, and now also I own and operate my own candle making business which I sell online and at conventions.

I just don't have the time to fix up the Blazer any more....and the time I do have free I want to spend fixing up something worth fixing up. If I get the Trailblazer....it is rust free and only has 81K miles on it. For an 02 thats really low...and it's an XLT so it has a huge laundry list of options. For the amount I drive around I need something that I won't have to drive in fear of something breaking lol.

The Blazer has been good to me since 2007....sure it's had it's headaches like the tranny rebuild I did two years ago...but it's served me well. Now it's time to say goodbye and say hello to something that isn't going to break around every turn lol.

Thogert 12-17-2015 11:16 AM

Well good luck with the business and the move man.

davtak 12-17-2015 11:23 AM

Thanks :) The business is going well so far. I just opened an etsy shop and made my first sale yesterday. It's been profitable so far....I've sold at two conventions and made about 150$ at each. My gf got me started doing candle making....she decided to start making soaps and while we were shopping for supplies...the candle making supplies were right next to us and a lightbulb went off lol.

This is the TrailBlazer XLT I'm going to look at Used Chevrolet TrailBlazer For Sale Hartford, CT - CarGurus

And it's totally not ironic that it's the same color as my current Blazer....not at all lol

richphotos 12-17-2015 11:54 PM

You are in the same boat as me, the first gen Jimmy will be retired next year and replaced with a Trailblazer. Good luck with everything.

Toocute350 12-18-2015 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by davtak (Post 658764)
I'm still around....but the end is near for my Blazer :/ But....if everything works out how I hope it does, I will still be in the Blazer family sort of. I'm looking at a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer XLT...and plan on actually later today going to check it out. The Blazer just has too many issues that I am not willing to dump more money into. Here's a short list:

Needs new exhaust (cracked off after muffler when i hit a pothole a few weeks ago)
Needs new fuel pump (sending unit is shot)
Leaking transmission fluid (seems to be coming from seal at tranny/transfer case junction)
Leaking oil (from somewhere)
Doors sagging
Door locks are messing with factory alarm
Window motors are going
Front end wheel bearings are shot
Front suspension needs work
Check engine light has been on for years (laundry list of possibilities)
Front brakes and rotors, maybe calipers
and more.....

It's just getting to be too much...not to mention is started to rust badly and quickly. I just don't have the time and effort...and not to mention the money...to put into it to make it better. I'm living a very busy life right now, my girlfriend and I just celebrated one year a little over a month ago and soon we hope to get a place together, I'm still doing my charity work and conventions, I'm handling a full time job while looking for a new job for when I move out of state with my gf, and now also I own and operate my own candle making business which I sell online and at conventions.

I just don't have the time to fix up the Blazer any more....and the time I do have free I want to spend fixing up something worth fixing up. If I get the Trailblazer....it is rust free and only has 81K miles on it. For an 02 thats really low...and it's an XLT so it has a huge laundry list of options. For the amount I drive around I need something that I won't have to drive in fear of something breaking lol.

The Blazer has been good to me since 2007....sure it's had it's headaches like the tranny rebuild I did two years ago...but it's served me well. Now it's time to say goodbye and say hello to something that isn't going to break around every turn lol.

Good luck with your new business.But I`ve heard the trailblazers aren`t any better than the S10 blazers.Any and every vehicle we buy will have to be maintained.It`s cheaper to maintain something than having to replace something.Vehicles today aren`t made like they where back in tha day.usually when you buy another vehicle there`s a note hanging over you.We all drid about having a car note.That`s the whole purpose of buying a used vehicle, not having a note hanging over you each and every month.You pay cash, it`s yours on day 1.