Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   Fastest cars / trucks you've seen (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/fastest-cars-trucks-youve-seen-89533/)

No false Bravada 04-13-2015 12:44 PM

Fastest cars / trucks you've seen

I just wanted to see what all you've seen in the way of a fast vehicle.
For me, the fastest vehicle I've ever driven was a 2012 Lamborghini Aventador, which is owned by a close friend who is a weapons supplier (ATF class 8). Features a 690hp twin turbo v12 and a 7 speed e-clutch paddleshift transmission. 0-60 is 2.9 secs. I didn't drive it very far, but the acceleration was amazing.
The fastest truck I've ever seen is made and owned by the PMC I've worked for. The model name is UT205A3. It features the XMV205A3 engine, which is an experimental twin supercharged, twin turbo straight 8 with direct injection and a propane injection system. The current model features a CVT transmission inspired by the Japanese Type 10 MBT transmission built by Mitsubishi. The truck is a 6x6, and it'll spin tires briefly on dry pavement. Only a few feet, but it'll do it. The truck also incorporates airbag suspension on some models. The blowers help negate turbo lag.

The question has been asked, why do you need a truck to go that fast? Well, the ambulance package is a good reason why.

So, what have y'all seen that's quick?

richphotos 04-13-2015 01:57 PM

I personally do not pay attention to fast cars or what is under the hood really. I am more into style. No point for something to go that fast. JMO

No false Bravada 04-13-2015 03:25 PM

The truck is heavily computerized, and they can do on-the-fly tuning with presets for more torque,hp, mileage, easy ride, or whatever the situation may warrant.
The car, is speed only. It does have a nice ride, but its main purpose is speed.

DesertStorm 04-13-2015 05:42 PM

i used to work at a high performance shop.. so i may be a little bit biased.. FASTEST car i have ever driven was a 94 supra. Dyno'd 1180 on motor/turbo and 1290 on spray. car drove amazing and very well mannered on the street. Most fun car i have driven was a fully built SRT-4 Neon (yea yea, its a neon) dyno'd at just over 450 to the wheels. very fast and lightweight. had a blast testdriving that one when we were done with it. lots of MR2's 300Z's RX7s in the 700-800 hp range. My boss had a Evo that dyno'd at just over 800 AWHP, that was a beast (never got to drive it), one of the guys had a 400hp awd eagle talon tsi and the other had a mr2 that was stupid fast.

LeWhite 04-13-2015 11:52 PM

Fastest car I've been involved with is my Fiat somewhere around 23/2400 hp. Should be in the 225 230 mph range. And no I havnt driven it! I leave that to the driver who is MUCH younger than me.

odat 05-14-2015 07:16 PM

well guys i can't do the speeds and hp you do but my other rx7 is a 1988 with a slightly beefed 350 chevy under the hood coupled to a 2004r - she does around 140+ in 1/4 mile - faster than this old man needs to go - but actually the only ticket i have gotten was before i had the speedo hooked up and dialed in - driving too slow and obstructing traffic - me and the cop was the only ones on the street and he was driving towards me - go figure :icon_nut:

lazyboyjake 05-14-2015 11:06 PM

Fastest I've seen was probably a new Audi R8, which is my dream car btw, and the fastest I've drove was probably my mom's 2013 V8 Charger R/T. Nothing special but it'll get up and go if you ask it to.

Thogert 05-16-2015 09:09 AM

Top fuel dragsters man. Nothing like em. I'll never have one, but I've seen them. :icon_wink:

LeWhite 05-17-2015 10:07 PM

It has been said that
gas is for washing parts,
alcohol is for drinking and,
NITRO is for racing but,
dirt is for planting potatoes.....
probably some truth in that

newguy 05-18-2015 05:27 AM

1962 Nova 305 built, cam dual four barrels, homemade headers, 600 horse. Would smoke ant of today's little toys