Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   Fm transmitter (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/fm-transmitter-96888/)

JinjerSO 05-11-2018 08:59 AM

Fm transmitter

I'd like to build a stereo fm transmitter to send my mixes out to the car and listen... What's the best circuit for the best hi fi sound ? Anything out there that is cheap, that can compete with the quality the local radio station is transmitting, but just on a smaller scale... probably around half a watt or so ?
Any tips ? thanks.......

LesMyer 05-11-2018 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by JinjerSO (Post 690194)
I'd like to build a stereo fm transmitter to send my mixes out to the car and listen... What's the best circuit for the best hi fi sound ? Anything out there that is cheap, that can compete with the quality the local radio station is transmitting, but just on a smaller scale... probably around half a watt or so ?
Any tips ? thanks.......

Something like this?

I had a mp3 player/fm transmitter 15 years ago. It's pretty old technology. Modern car stereos have Mp3 and Bluetooth built in.

Rusty Nuts 05-11-2018 02:12 PM

I remember when high definition meant you had tin foil on your antenna. Not useful, but funny now.

JinjerSO 05-14-2018 03:28 AM

Guys, someone edited my previous comment, I did not leave any references there! Probably you got a hacker-spammer. Or the moderator has edited ... In general, if I do not bear any responsibility!
Lesmyer, yes! But but I'm considering a model GoGroove FM transmitter
So, Has your transmitter been running for 15 years? Wow

Rusty Nuts, аortunately, I did not find those times because I did not need to have any transmitters or antennas )

swartlkk 05-14-2018 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by JinjerSO (Post 690275)
Guys, someone edited my previous comment, I did not leave any references there! Probably you got a hacker-spammer. Or the moderator has edited ... In general, if I do not bear any responsibility!

Your post is EXACTLY as it was submitted by you on the 11th.

On the topic at hand, low power FM Transmitters are very low power transmitters (typically less than 1 µW) that are good for a hundred feet or so in unobstructed flat land. Looks like you want to go considerably farther than that as you stated 0.5W...

The FCC (in the US) and IC (in Canada) both have published limits for personal unlicensed broadcasting on the FM bands. Best to do some research before you get yourself in trouble.

JinjerSO 05-14-2018 05:59 AM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...58eacfd765.png
I am sorry, I can wrong, but as you see this two word are marked as links on Amazon...
Do not they show up like that? I just warn you that you did not have any questions. I'm sure that the modification works at the highest level.

And now about the theme of a topic.
Do you think my transmitter is too powerful? That is because of this there may be a problem? I'm a little dumbfounded

Ou... Something wrong and I cant receive picture.....Anyway, in my first comment words "stereo" and "circuit" are markedhttps://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...183ec90941.png like links to Amazon.

LesMyer 05-14-2018 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by JinjerSO (Post 690275)
Lesmyer, yes! But but I'm considering a model GoGroove FM transmitter
So, Has your transmitter been running for 15 years? Wow

Actually I used mine very little and for a very short time. I soon bought a cheapie car stereo that had USB input and would play MP3s. I now have a couple of the do everything car stereos and have never looked back. AM/FM/CD/Bluetooth/USB/Flac/Wave/MP3/Phone w/Mike/etc. 30GB flash drive in the glovebox off the rear USB input with enough MP3s for a VERY long road trip!! If I run out I can Bluetooth music off the 20GB micro SD card in my Android phone. Seldom play CDs in the car anymore, but I still like having the option.

The links get inserted automatically by the forum. Apparently some advertising $$$ to help maintain the forum.

swartlkk 05-14-2018 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lesmyer (Post 690292)
The links get inserted automatically by the forum. Apparently some advertising $$$ to help maintain the forum.

Yeah, this. I don't see them for a variety of reasons so I forget that they still appear for others.

Originally Posted by JinjerSO (Post 690282)
Do you think my transmitter is too powerful? That is because of this there may be a problem? I'm a little dumbfounded

You stated a half watt transmitter which puts you well over the regulated limit for unlicensed FM transmission. Most of those that were listed on the "comparison" site you posted should be below the regulated threshold and as a result will be no where near a half watt.

JinjerSO 05-15-2018 01:42 AM

Well....I heard you guys. Thank you

VI-Joe 07-22-2018 12:48 PM

If you’re still looking for a solution, you may want to strongly consider replacing the whole radio. You can get a new one that does Bluetooth, USB, SD, and AUX for under $100 from a good brand (with install parts). You’ll have far more wattage available which actually cuts down on audio distortion. A website like Crutchfield will make sure you get the proper dash adapter, wiring harness, and antenna adapter. If you’re going through the trouble, you may as well just upgrade. Just my two cents. Good luck!