The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

head light inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default head light inquiry

ok..a while ago on here i asked if the driver side headlight from a GMC jimmy would fit my 97 bravada,and was told yes,and during a ebay search i found head lights that said 97 jimmy/bravada..well today i went to two local JY's and was told at both places that i was wrong and they even looked on the computer and their reference manual,and in the spirit of trying i had them get me a jimmy headlight(from a 95 i think) and i compared it to my bravada headlight,well the jimmy one was about an inch too tall so is it just the 97 jimmy head lights that fit mine or do i gotta pay out the *** for a new bravada HL..a lil insight here would be awsome,im gonna try and see what i find

Old 02-02-2010, 12:01 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

wellllllllllll
i think the jimmy WILL fit.... but you wil have to get a new grille at a minimum (new rad supports, new wires AND a new grille at the worst)

your best best is craigslist part out if a JY doesnt have one. expect to drop like $40 for the pair though

Old 02-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
wellllllllllll
i think the jimmy WILL fit.... but you wil have to get a new grille at a minimum (new rad supports, new wires AND a new grille at the worst)

your best best is craigslist part out if a JY doesnt have one. expect to drop like $40 for the pair though
I have seen the jimmys up close and i still think they will too..the prob is that the local yards are convinced and in case some how they are right..i dont wanna have a useless Jimmy head light takin up space(i already have enough car stuff take'n up space)..so im gonna do some research. and yeah if i have to go the route you mentioned then i might do that.im going to try to find the listings that i found in ebay to get your guys opinion on it

Old 02-02-2010, 12:58 AM
BF Veteran

you could always talk to the dude at the counter and see if he can hold your DL while you check the fit of the light in the parking lot....
they let me do that kind of stuff with OBDII scanner and tools.... should work for the light man

Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Starting Member

you could always talk to the dude at the counter and see if he can hold your DL while you check the fit of the light in the parking lot....
they let me do that kind of stuff with OBDII scanner and tools.... should work for the light man
yeah they know me at one of the JY's i went to today by name..hell they asked me how my mom was even,i still haven't decided if that's a good thing or im in there entirely WAYY to often to fix my pos cars,anyway..they allowed me to take the 95 jimmy HL out to my truck and see how it looked compared to mine..that's a possibility definitely there,as for the only other good place(an hour away) they are a"pull ur own part" place so idk if they might allow that but def worth a try

Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 AM
BF Veteran

before you run an hour for a jy, get some spending cash and a shoping list and rape ANYTHING worth salvaging while you're in there

Old 02-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Starting Member

before you run an hour for a jy, get some spending cash and a shoping list and rape ANYTHING worth salvaging while you're in there
oh yeah that's the plan,that place is like my toy store,i raid everything i see that i can possibly use..i always find something,i usually leave w/ twice what i showed up to get lol

Old 02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

They dont know what they are talking about. I have a set of lights off a jimmy im retro fitting projectors into for the bravada. They are the same exact lights.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
BF Veteran

Awesome info Luis! Always good to know what fits what.

dont suppose you have an approx year range that might help him out any?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Starting Member

Awesome info Luis! Always good to know what fits what.

dont suppose you have an approx year range that might help him out any?
thanks ABN31B ,that was going to be my exact question for him after reading his response..now to await the answer..btw,umlimitedsp(luis apperantly?)..my bravada's a 97 if thats needed info

Quick Reply: head light inquiry