Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How Blazers stand up in a crash!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How Blazers stand up in a crash!

ORIGINAL: Psychropod

ORIGINAL: FoxTrota
I don't like the "huge" SUV's like the Chevy Suburban or Toyota Armada because they're just so big and useless. there low to the ground so they can only go on small trails and roads, I like the small s10's and little SUV's which have purpose and can do almost anything, with little or no modification.
I totally agree. And the V6 provides a good amount of power without trading off fuel economy, as long as it`s tuned right. I just wish they had given us a stick-shift option in the four-door! Oh well...
i to will never drive with anything less the a v6 or flat 4

Old 01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Beginning Member
scrmmealuvsong22 is an unknown quantity at this point

srry im kinda late to this but deer whistles **** That if u think they work u must be a city-diot lol no offense i just did put headers to collectors to glass packs right out the back no resistance ppl can hear my **** for a mile away door dogs and all animals go running once they hear it lol

Old 01-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Red Horse is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not from any city and have lived most of my life in and around forest, desert and mountain areas and have been at more crash scenes to know that some of these in fact do work, not all of them are created right, and not all people know how too install them properly, there is actually a left and a right , well at least in the good ones.

It is a fact that these "at certain speeds" produce a sound so unusual too deer that they will stand still until they can identify weather or not the sound is a threat too them, they are not meant to "chase" the deer away but they confuse the deer, when he can't figure out what direction too run in they will stand still instead of running INTO danger, by the time they realize which way too run the car has passed them by.

I've used themsince they were invented and do a lot of traveling in the National parks and have never encountered a moving deer while they were in use, I've driven past hundreds of them standing by the side of the road just watching me go on by and not a one has ever ran in my direction.

We all have our own opinions and mine is based on many years or observation and what I see at crash sites (as an Emt) when any car has hit a deerwhile sporting these warnings,the warnings were installed improperly, there are details in installing them that many people are unaware of such as, they must be on a flat surface of the car, not facing up or down on a curved bumper, they must be a certain distance apart and have too be facing forward even a slight twist of even one of them will render them usless, they must be kept clear of salt, dirt, snow, ice, I think your getting the picture by now.

They in fact do work but your entitled too your opinion, any failure of these to protect a driver from striking a deer is always traced back that they did NOT install them right, I'm thinking this has happened too you and this is why your making such a statement?

thanks for your opinion though.
Sign me,
"No deer hair in my grill"!!!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:52 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: scrmmealuvsong22

srry im kinda late to this but deer whistles **** That if u think they work u must be a city-diot lol no offense i just did put headers to collectors to glass packs right out the back no resistance ppl can hear my **** for a mile away door dogs and all animals go running once they hear it lol
except for the crazy spelling..(and inappropriate language) my husband would agree with you...He's got a 5 inch stack on the side of his old truck...and a brush guard that's like a large wall coming at you...he tries so hard to hit deer....and yet they always run away...me..I'm more concerned about crazy snowmobiles than deer..they have a lot in common...both will run out in front of you at the last possible minute..and..where there's one...there's more!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

hahah I lol'd

Old 10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FoxTrota
.............I don't like the "huge" SUV's like the Chevy Suburban or Toyota Armada because they're just so big and useless. there low to the ground so they can only go on small trails and roads, I like the small s10's and little SUV's which have purpose and can do almost anything, with little or no modification.
first of all, why the hell would you take a 'Burb, or anything that size, off-roading? you'd have just as much luck as using a crew cab dually as your recovery vehicle! and since when is a large SUV low (in stock form)? my 2WD '90 'Burb has more ground clearance than my '92 Jimmy, or my '98 Blazer.

Originally Posted by Psychropod
I totally agree. And the V6 provides a good amount of power without trading off fuel economy, as long as it`s tuned right. I just wish they had given us a stick-shift option in the four-door! Oh well...
that's why i bought my '92 Jimmy, and what i miss the most about it (see sig).