The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How's Work Going?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road

Thank for the suggestion red06sc.
AMR isn't in our area yet but, alot of local counties are leaving their old contracts and starting with new emergency services.
So she may end up working for them in the long run.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Starting Member
red06sc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kevlar974
Thank for the suggestion red06sc.
AMR isn't in our area yet but, alot of local counties are leaving their old contracts and starting with new emergency services.
So she may end up working for them in the long run.
Welcome, ive never seen a field change so much in such a short amount of time lol.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

I work in the oil and gas industry in Alberta (not the oil sands for the greenies out there). Just started a new job on May 2nd for a mid sized Canadian company and we are fairly busy. Oil is high but natural gas is low so it could be busier.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Starting Member

Glad to see so many doing well, all the media presents is doom and gloom.
But like most things on TV its all B.S.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Wow some good reading here. Kyle is trying to educate himself while burning at night, I bet you won't be removing the SCBA & mask before the gloves again, but wtg on the volunteer fire fighter!
Welder/fitter is something I miss seeing as I did it for 16 years or so. I only do that now at work when they're behind or someone is messing up & they need a hand (OT hrs mind you). The 2 things I don't miss about being a welder fitter are the heat in the summer & the black snot year round.
Now they have me in the shipping/receiving office & we're crazy busy!!!
Everything that comes in & goes out in the company goes through me. I do that plus order material, welding supplies, gasses, liquid nitrogen for the laser, shop supplies etc etc - I'm a mini manager of sorts.
Cool thing is I have a set of keys & can come & go in the shop as I please, store my boats in the compound, things for my blazer & boats in a locked room.

We're a manufacturing company that mainly builds signal masts for the railways, bungalos, signal housings etc. We have a contract building ice bagging machines that get shipped to the US. Mostly in California, Arizona, New mexico etc.
Cool machines - the ice cuber/maker sits ontop, it dumps ice into the ice bagger, it brings the ice up, measures & dumps it into a bag that gets sealed & dropped into the merchandiser. No ice trucks running around to fill up the merchandisers with bagged ice!

Then there's a contract we have with a US company building field heaters & heat exchangers for the USDND. Gotta love having US military contracts.

<edit> Oh yeah I was lead hand of a line that built large 13' x 26' containment tanks that went to Alberta for the oil sands. Someone mentioned not the oil sands for the greenies lol.

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-17-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for keeping it going Rottidog
"Gotta love having US military contracts"
Glad to see my tax money helping someone lol.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:06 PM
BF Veteran

Lol you're welcome, it's a cool thread & I'm from C-eh-N-eh-D-eh.
TY for the pay!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Wow some good reading here. Kyle is trying to educate himself while burning at night, I bet you won't be removing the SCBA & mask before the gloves again, but wtg on the volunteer fire fighter!
Oh, I'll probably do it again. I didn't require professional medical attention so it really didn't happen... Isn't that they way the rest of you guys function? LOL

I just submitted the last of 23 re-rated pump curves today. A project that has spanned 10 months just needs to be approved by marketing and it'll be done!

Well, I'm officially a flag football coach as well. Three nights a week we practice. Some kids are getting good at running laps! LOL

I'm also getting everything ready to spend a week up in the Adirondacks. We're leaving Friday just after noon. Should be fun! I tuned up all the bikes, including a $15 garage sale find for Kaleb (6) so Kaleb's old bike will now be Gavin's (4).

Busy, busy, busy!!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran

LOL @ the rest of you guys. yeah I'm the same with WCB (Workers Compinsation Board) being co-chair on the workplace health & safety committee at work - if they didn't file, it didn't happen. We're #1 in our field of shops for lowest reported claims. Not because of that didn't happen line, but we're safe.
That being said I'm making an Dr's appointment for a WCB claim for a repetitive strain injury to my left arm from driving the forklift.

Damn you are one super busy man. How do you find time for forum & all the other things you do? I know/thought you were building or were about to build a new garage/shop too?!... & you're still married? lol wow!
Work stresses me out way too much at times. Too many people take their job as a paycheck & that's it! Come to work, punch in, pay little to no attention & punch out. Work at a lackadaisical pace & so slow, it drives me nuts!
At 43 I run circles around 17 yr olds, so sad lol.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to save up for the shop. 30x50 buildings aren't cheap. I want to do it right the first time!

Quick Reply: How's Work Going?