The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

I pay way too much for auto insurance :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:16 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I love USAA. Can't beat em. I bank thru em as well and as soon as I have stuff worth insuring in my apt Ill get renters insurance too. But if your not related to someone in the military or in yourself you can't get em unless they've changed their rules... ABN might know.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

same rules. you, your parents, or your spouse have to be military to get you in.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I discourage anyone to join USAA and encourage those with them to drop them. They decided about a month ago to drop wind damage from all home owners' policies here in the three coastal counties of MS. I imagine they have done the same with all the gulf states, though I don't know that for a fact.

Oh, and when I looked at them for car insurance it was more than what I was paying for Allstate. I do know more than a few folks that are very happy with their auto coverage, though.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:29 AM

I switched to usaa when I was 18 as soon as I joined the army. I'm 23 soon and they are the easiest compqany in the world.. can't make a payment? Call em they'll work with ya. Have any issues you can call and their always super nice and super helpful. Now for homeowners insurance I don't know as I don't own a home. But auto and banking.. can't beat em IMO

Old 01-22-2011, 12:35 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i'm with AAA and have full coverage paying $60 a month if that. i don't remember lol. my mom tells me once a year what i owed for the last year and i right the check. last check was $580 but its going up this year because of something stupid. i got zero tickets last year, no accidents, and neither did my mom. who knows

Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you weren't making their required profit margins Mack.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:02 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

wow... i hadn't heard that about the HO insurance in MS. Thats really a crappy move. Is it cut all together, or is it cut from the standard and available as an add-on (like say flood insurance)?

Old 01-22-2011, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ABN31B
wow... i hadn't heard that about the HO insurance in MS. Thats really a crappy move. Is it cut all together, or is it cut from the standard and available as an add-on (like say flood insurance)?
After Katrina a number of insurance companies refused insurance completely. That's why if you drive down Hwy 90 today it still looks empty. This was the storm surge that wiped everything out. A few companies have dropped wind damage, USAA being the latest. MS has some kind of "Wind Pool" set up by the state gov't for those who can't get wind damage through their insurance company. I guess it works the same as flood coverage, as that is also a gov't deal on the federal side.

What sucks is they just came out of the blue, more than five years after Katrina, and dropped this on folks.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AJBert
What sucks is they just came out of the blue, more than five years after Katrina, and dropped this on folks.
that sounds pretty typical.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:09 PM

That doesn't sound too typical of USAA honestly.

Quick Reply: I pay way too much for auto insurance :(