The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Jeep Wrangler vs Nissan Xterra

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Starting Member
zball94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jeep Wrangler vs Nissan Xterra

I may be looking at getting a brand new SUV soon. The only threads I could find were on forums for their respective vehicles. Jeep forums praise the wrangler, Nissan forums praise the Xterra (duh). So anyway, which do you prefer? I'm comparing the Rubicon Unlimited against the Pro-4x. My plans for the vehicle would be relatively modest, maybe some more aggressive tires and some Daylighters.

Attached Thumbnails Jeep Wrangler vs Nissan Xterra-2011-nissan-xtera-pro-4x.jpg   Jeep Wrangler vs Nissan Xterra-af11c2ab181e122a9e2a2344907f9dadx.jpg  
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Blue thunder 2000 is on a distinguished road

man that Jeeps bad to the bone. Nissan would probably have more storage room though!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
98BlazerT4X4 is on a distinguished road

^ I agree. I also like the look of the jeep more, plus more clearance if you get snow. Might be just me but i do not like the look of sideways door handles.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I like nissan and don't dodge so that would be my choice. It really boils down to what you wanna do with it. If you want something you can easily mod with bolt ons like every other ride get the jeep. If you want something to drive the wheels off of get the nissan.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Jeep would be more capable off road. Nissan would be easier to live with everyday. Nissan will be more reliable.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

I like either of them. but like everyone else says, if you want to be able to drive off the lot and onto the trail then get the jeep. The jeep in that picture is a Rubicon which has front and rear lockers i believe. The Unlimited version only has a rear locker but is still very capable off road.

My GF has the Unlimited.. Its pretty comfortable on the road but amazing on the trail. Kicks my Blazers *** of course lol

Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

I was looking at a new Xterra last year but couldnt swallow the price tag
The Pro4X is pretty nice but big $$
I was told it is the same frame and chassis as their P/U

I havent drove a jeep recently but the last seemed like I was squeezed in the seat

Do lots of test drives on both

The thing that scaired me about the xterras was the used ones had rust spots in very random spots
Places that shouldnt just start rusting

A jeep ,get used to the door hinges bleeding rust

Last edited by rexazz2; 01-22-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Starting Member
zball94 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't use it on trails much, mostly just urban hooliganism (driving over curbs, wind rows etc) haha

I'll test drive both for sure.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Beginning Member
YJ Wralph is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
... The jeep in that picture is a Rubicon which has front and rear lockers i believe. The Unlimited version only has a rear locker but is still very capable off road.

My GF has the Unlimited.. Its pretty comfortable on the road but amazing on the trail. Kicks my Blazers *** of course lol
Actually the Unlimited just refers to longer wheel base ie 4 door version. Rubicon has Dayna 44s with selectable lockers front and rear, and electronic sway bar disconnect. No Jeep comes with only a rear locker...

2012 and newer have the new and unproven 3.6 Pentastar engine, whereas the 07-11 have the already tried (but maybe not so true) 3.8 Pentastar. It's a shame they don't make the 4.0 anymore. I'd go with the Rubi, preferably pre-12 if you can...
But that's just my .02

Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

wanna be everyone else go with the jeep, wanna be someone that has an xterra with something other than stock go with that, my op would be the xterra

Quick Reply: Jeep Wrangler vs Nissan Xterra