Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   Life change for newguy (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/life-change-newguy-89184/)

newguy 03-12-2015 03:19 PM

Life change for newguy

A week ago out of nowhere , I was let go of my 15 year job. It OK, I`ve been thinking about a life change anyway and this just got me doing it.
This morning I passed my Class A CDL permit test and will be starting tractor trailer School on the 23rd. Very excited about this. The school say 95% of students have a job before finishing, Starting pay is 58,000-75,000 a year. Cant wait

BirchyBoy 03-12-2015 03:26 PM

Too bad about your job, but enjoy your new gig!

A good friend of my works on oil rigs in WY. They shut his rig down and moved him to another. He went from the top of the rig to the bottom, losing about $36k/year. I told him to use this as a stepping off point for what he really wants to do.

lazyboyjake 03-12-2015 04:55 PM

Sorry to hear about your job loss. My dad's a trucker and all I can say is that make sure you know what you're getting into. I'm not saying it's a bad profession, but I spent most of my life growing up with only my mom being there because my dad was on the road. However, I do wish you luck in the trucking business!

Toocute350 11-13-2015 05:32 AM

Sorry to hear that new guy.But you getting your CDL will help you keep a lifetime job trucking.Your not along,down here in the new orleans,la a friend of mine worked offshore in the gulf of mexico for 10 yrs.He too was laid off.But it`s 1 thing that f'ed this country up..Obama.Lots of business`s have closed their doors due to the oil prices plummaging.Let`s get baack to blasers.I have a 4 dr. that has the same color as yours.Are those buckshot tires?My father had a 1950 M37 dodge power wagon military jeep.These tires lasted more than 10 yrs.

Rusty Nuts 11-13-2015 05:56 AM

Congratulations Guy! With that kind of salary it won't take long to get your own truck and make even more. The sky is the limit and I'm happy for you. One thing, please don't start talking like "Smokey and the Bandit". It is a great movie though.

newguy 11-13-2015 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts (Post 657178)
Congratulations Guy! With that kind of salary it won't take long to get your own truck and make even more. The sky is the limit and I'm happy for you. One thing, please don't start talking like "Smokey and the Bandit". It is a great movie though.

To old to buy a truck, to many headaches also, just want 10 years to retire

newguy 11-13-2015 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Toocute350 (Post 657176)
Sorry to hear that new guy.But you getting your CDL will help you keep a lifetime job trucking.Your not along,down here in the new orleans,la a friend of mine worked offshore in the gulf of mexico for 10 yrs.He too was laid off.But it`s 1 thing that f'ed this country up..Obama.Lots of business`s have closed their doors due to the oil prices plummaging.Let`s get baack to blasers.I have a 4 dr. that has the same color as yours.Are those buckshot tires?My father had a 1950 M37 dodge power wagon military jeep.These tires lasted more than 10 yrs.

Super swamper iroc nd ( non directional)

10-78 edac 11-15-2015 08:46 PM

Congratulations on the new direction. When one door closes, another opens!