Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   looking at jetskis, need opinions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/looking-jetskis-need-opinions-86139/)

er0ck273 06-13-2014 10:32 PM

looking at jetskis, need opinions

i was recently looking to get a jet ski, preferably pre owned. what makes would you reccommend and what should i be looking for as a first time buyer of a pwc

thanks in advance!

rexmburns 06-13-2014 10:41 PM

I've never owned a jet ski but I did own a Seadoo Challenger 1800 twin engine jet boat for a few years! I say this one because I would recommend the Seadoo brand to anyone after owning my boat and two because the two engines that were in the boat were actually jetski motors. It had 2x 110hp rotax engines that never let me down and it was fast as hell! That's about as close to any experience I have with a jetski lol.

er0ck273 06-13-2014 11:01 PM

i was talking briefly to a buddy, he told me you have to rebuild (something) every 100 hrs on 4 strokes, wouldnt even bother with a 2 stroke at this point lol, i was actually looking at the seadoo spark, with the rotax 900 i believe. but i want more speed than the normal engine 40mph or the H.O. verison which tops at 50 haha

rexazz2 06-14-2014 07:09 AM

look at the bottom
often guys run them up on shore and it can really take a toll on the fiberglass

I sold one for my sister last summer
She lives on the water and struggled to get interest
I brought to my house 4hrs away and sold it for more than she would have got at home

make sure the seller has a title for the trailer as well as the boat

er0ck273 06-14-2014 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by rexazz2 (Post 629047)
look at the bottom
often guys run them up on shore and it can really take a toll on the fiberglass

I sold one for my sister last summer
She lives on the water and struggled to get interest
I brought to my house 4hrs away and sold it for more than she would have got at home

make sure the seller has a title for the trailer as well as the boat

fortunately, i live about 60 miles from the jersey coast, unfortunately, i picked the prime of the season to buy, where id probably pay more due to supply and demand. once again thats something i didnt think of, (looking at the bottom) i heard they are also very expensive to maintain. curious on what insurance would be on this, not to mention state registration lol..nj has to take their cut

rexazz2 06-14-2014 07:52 PM

IMO
if you can afford a new one , buy the new one
I have never owned one but everyone I have rode , I rode like it was stolen LOL

As far as up keep , probably nothing that you cant do yourself as long as your handy

Here you need to have an operators licence for all powered watercraft
It wasnt very costly but about 6hrs of my life I will never get back

er0ck273 06-15-2014 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by rexazz2 (Post 629078)
IMO
if you can afford a new one , buy the new one
I have never owned one but everyone I have rode , I rode like it was stolen LOL

As far as up keep , probably nothing that you cant do yourself as long as your handy

Here you need to have an operators licence for all powered watercraft
It wasnt very costly but about 6hrs of my life I will never get back

yea in nj they require you an 8 hour course and you must pass with an 80. the test was fairly simple. but as you said time well never get back haha