Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

OReilly's using the Old Kragen scam??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 10:48 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Angry OReilly's using the Old Kragen scam??????

I went to a local Reilly store today to buy a PCV & to order a Delco Cap & Rotor for my Blazer. Well I looked on line the other day & it was going to cost me $50 & some change.
So I got my PCV & asked the counter guy if he would order the Delco Cap & Rotor. I was standing there with the money to pay for everything right then. Well the guy tells me the cap is $74??? I say, "online it is $37 & some change." Then he looks again & says no, "it is $54 that is the best i can do." I said, "forget it I'll get it from RockAuto." So I pay for the PCV & leave. I headed back to where we are staying for a month while vacationing. I go on line & look it up again for that store & it comes up $37 & some change $38 rounded off. So I order it from Rock Auto at the same time but I'm getting pissed off. This is the same crap Kragen & Checkers use to do. The price on line isn't the store price unless you take in a copy of the on line price. A SCAM AS I SEE IT.
Just a side note I have never run into this with AUTOZONE, EVER.
So I'm pissed & run a copy & go back to the store to complain to a manager. Right off he is arrogant & rude. I show him the print out & first thing he says is did you have this with you when you came in to price it. I said NO. Well he says we would of honored this price if would of had this print out. I told him this is the same crap Checkers use to pull. Then he starts to question me as if I'm lying. Of course the guy that gave me the price isn't there 30 minutes after I left the first time. Then the manager looks up the part & says it is $37 & some change & starts telling me I can't hear, & no way was I told $74. I'm just a liar.
causing trouble is how I being treated at this point.
I walked out & said I would take my complaint to Corporate. He tells me I'll give you the number see if it does you any good.
So I called O Reilly's but who knows if they will return my call. I find that poor run stores are because of a poor corporate structure.
So I have gone into my last O Reilly's store.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

this happened to me a few weeks ago for my moms truck... 75 bucks for a delco cap at advance auto ....

I order every thing from rock auto from now on

Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Beginning Member
adumsted is on a distinguished road

My local oreillys is awesome, sorry for your misfortune. At my store they have carried every AC Delco part and Delphi part I have needed. I'm not trying to press on you but the best thing to do is use their Internet page to order what you need and do the in store pick up. That way you get the best price, usually they honor competitor prices too. Oreillys is usually a great resource for an do it yourself type.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Starting Member
papajim is on a distinguished road

I have been our local oreilly store twice and that was about 4 yrs ago. I will never step foot on one again. A lot of locals must feel the same because you rarely see any vech in the parking lot, well except their delivery trucks, i never see them making deliveries. adumsted must be the manager of an oreillys store, first person i ever heard that had any good comments. jmo

Old 07-05-2012, 01:25 AM

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this type of thing. I will never ever go into another one. I refused to go into Checker or Kragen stores because of this crap. Basically as I see it if the price on line for the store in your area is one price on line & another when you go to the store to buy it they are just SCAMMING more money out of you hoping to get over on people. In my mind that is being a CHEAT & a SCAMMER.
The manager is most likely right Corporate will most likely return my call because if they cared one bit about there customers they would not allow those actions of rude & arrogant managers to operate in their structure.
As it turned out Rockauto was $43.25 to my front door for a DELCO Cap & Rotor. But I was will to pay a little more to support a local store & local employment until this. Now I hope all of the employees of O Reilly's at this store loose their jobs.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

half the time the prices vary from online, this can be the problem. i know walmart is the same but there web site will say prices vary online from store...

Old 07-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Antbankz
half the time the prices vary from online, this can be the problem. i know walmart is the same but there web site will say prices vary online from store...
With Walmart they don't require you on line to put in a store for prices. O Reilly's as with AutoZone require a zip code & for you to pick a store before giving you a price period. I have dealt with AutoZone for years & in five States & never had to deal with the crap Checkers & now O Reilly's is pulling. Prices vary by $15 come on a couple yes maybe but $38 VS $54. That is CRAP.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road

I've never had too many problems with prices at Oreilly's, but the biggest problem I have is getting treated very poorly because I'm young and I obviously must not know what car parts are. They've been incredibly rude as of late

Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Never been to any of the stores you meantioned. But that's the best thing you can do. If they suck don't give them any more money

Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

I hear OReilly's commercials on the local radio 5-10 times a day... yet the closest OReilly's is like Ohio, West Virginia, and Virginia... and I live in Maine.....near the canadian border

Quick Reply: OReilly's using the Old Kragen scam??????