Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   Post pics of what your cooking for dinner tonight! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/post-pics-what-your-cooking-dinner-tonight-93939/)

rexmburns 01-26-2017 07:44 PM

Post pics of what your cooking for dinner tonight!

10 Attachment(s)
So we do this on another forum and it actually helps to give me ideas for things to cook and I find it interesting to see what others are cooking so if you feel like playing post up some pics of what your cooking!!

I found a recipe on pirate in their cooking forum (you have to be a paid member to view it) that has 41 pages so far of people raving about this potato soup recipe so I finally decided it was time to make it happen in my house!

Well here we go!! Any recipe that starts with crisping 2lbs of bacon has to be good right!?!?
Attachment 30668

Attachment 30669
I even have help!
Attachment 30670
Seems like things are happening properly with the bacony goodness in the bottom of the pot to be cooked into the soup...
Attachment 30671
More help
Attachment 30672

Attachment 30673
It already smells amazing
Attachment 30674

Attachment 30675
Next time I'm doing 3lbs of bacon so I have an extra pound to munch on while I'm waiting because this is amazing!
Attachment 30676
And now a beer while I let this cook for the next two hours!
Attachment 30677

abig84 01-27-2017 12:24 PM

not my picture but the wife has been making these

http://ohsnapletseat.com/wp-content/.../01/7QzsUl.jpg

you basically take thick sliced lunchmeat into a muffin tin and put a egg in it. i been eating these for breakfest and lunch for the past 2 weeks... though i am starting to get a little sick of them. they kinda just taste like a egg mcmuffin.

rexmburns 01-29-2017 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
^Those look really good!!^

Here's the final on the soup. It is as good as everyone raved about and I will be making it many more times!
Attachment 30667

rexmburns 02-01-2017 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I found a recipe for carnitas today and it looked really good so I decided to go ahead and give it a try! I started with a 9lb pork shoulder and after trimming the skin off and removing the bone after cooking I should net somewhere around 7lbs of delicious meat! Here is what I started with.
Attachment 30663
The recipe calls for cooking the meat in a slow cooker but I don't have time for that so in here it went!
Attachment 30664
I didn't get a pic before I put the lid on but I'll for sure get some when its all finished!

rexmburns 02-02-2017 08:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
These turned out fantastic! After cooking in the InstantPot for an hour and then it sit for another hour to release the pressure they meat just fell apart. I pulled it all apart and tossed it under the broiler for a few minutes then turned all the meat over and broiled it again so I would have some nice crispy pieces in there as well and man was it good. I was a bit concerned at first when I tried a piece still in the pot that it was going to be way to spicy for the wife but it ended up just about perfect for her so thats a win!
Attachment 30661
And ready to eat!
Attachment 30662
I also made some cilantro lime rice as a side but no pics of that.

abig84 02-02-2017 12:21 PM

those are some fancy tacos. im so glad my wife loves cooking as i never have the patience to make anything nice. but im always willing to eat it

rexmburns 02-02-2017 02:08 PM

Thanks! I actually really enjoy cooking the part that I dislike is that our kitchen is very small right now so I don't have a lot of room for prep but on the other hand it forces me to clean up frequently! We are looking at houses again so hopefully we will be moving soon and after the garage a really nice kitchen is next on my list of wants lol!

TxTurtle 02-03-2017 08:19 AM

Now I'm hungry.

rexmburns 02-08-2017 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the start of whats for dinner tonight...
Attachment 30659
I'll report back later with the outcome!

rexmburns 02-09-2017 08:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few pics along the way
Attachment 30654
Fresh Garlic
Attachment 30655
A bunch of other bits simmering for a few minutes
Attachment 30656
and the final product
Attachment 30657