Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

random ? for ya :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Beginning Member
1998 red blazer is on a distinguished road
Smile random ? for ya :)

Hey guys I have a question. I have always preferred American cars. My family has always owned American cars. Right now we have chevy, gmc, ford, jeep, and a dodge ram. I have a blazer obviously lol, and dont have any plans to replace it anytime soon, but will want to in a few years. And my dilemma is, that i really want my next vehicle to have a few "preferred" key things: all wheel drive or 4 wheel, 4 door, manual trans, decent power and decent fuel economy. If I could get an equinox or escape with a manual, that would be perfect. I would really like a cadillac cts, but the manuals are only offered in rwd (why i dont know). I really want to buy an american car, but there is just no american 4 door sports car that offers all those. I know i will not be happy with an automatic, because i get bored now. audi a4 and bmw 3 series offers all this. I would like a car or small suv (blazer size). My question is am I overlooking a certain vehicle? and, are any of you very partial to american cars, and would you think its not right to buy an audi or bmw? I ask this because i am very loyal to american cars, because i was raised that way and keep thinking, would i be bailing if i bought another countries cars? thanks!

Old 02-06-2011, 07:11 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

if you can afford and Audi or BMW then you can build a car to suit you.
dealership "offerings" do not mean you can not special order something to your specs. You will pay more, but if you want an option get it...

Don't forget the Tahoe. 5.7L has plenty of bolt on manual trans to slap on the back of it.
buy one a few years old (2 or three) and whith what you save, and sell your auto transfor, the Manual swap will be more than free.

Also you went from SUVs to sport cars with out missing a beat... which are you looking for? you want an American vehicle the size of a Blazer with 4wd/awd, power, economy, AND man trans? good luck.

or think subaru

Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

My opinon?? Get a Subaru. Has everything you want and probably plus some and they are actually great cars. Just my

Old 02-06-2011, 08:01 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yeah when I read that I thought Subaru WRX. They are neat cars, sound really cool, faster than a leopard, and it has all the things you want in a car... Maybe it was assembled in america???

Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Also you went from SUVs to sport cars with out missing a beat... which are you looking for? you want an American vehicle the size of a Blazer with 4wd/awd, power, economy, AND man trans? good luck.

or think subaru
yeah, good luck with that!

the last time you could get all of that was '94.

Originally Posted by ABN31B
or think subaru

were you thinking since our 2nd gens were exported to Japan, we can import them here, and call them our own?

'98RB...........it ain't ever gonna happen, @ least not with GM anyways. ever since they stopped offering a diesel in the 'Burb's & Yukon's, it's been downhill.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

like every one else said the only thing i could think of was a Subaru i seen a wrx wagon the other day it was nice, i would want one if i could get enough money

Old 02-06-2011, 09:44 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

thats why i got the blazer
i wanted more power than what i had, i wanted 4x4 and when it was 2wd it had to be rear wheel, and i liked the higher zr2 because if theres a traffic jam i want to be able to hop curbs and ditches...i was looking between the wrx at the time but the price is what held me back, that and cant go over some of the big stuff like curbs etc......
Subaru might be what you need to look at, nothing else is coming to mind right now that closely meets that criteria

Old 02-06-2011, 11:08 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Buy a Daywoo - That's GM! so it must be American!

Now-a-days cars are made of bits from all over the world. I don't think it matters any more where they're made. There are BMW's etc that are built exclusively in the States & exported world wide. That's good! I think!

If anything, you should actually be supporting the manufacturers who create employment in your country. And remember, most manufacturers are owned by multinational companies anyway.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:08 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

subaru baja FTW!

(subi's are built here so they count(ish))

Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

You know I hate to say it.. but Subaru should try building a real truck. It would actually probably do well and might be adopted by the desert prerunner type racing.

Quick Reply: random ? for ya :)