Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

random ? for ya :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i think the baja is ok, and the brat pretty slick too

Old 02-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Beginning Member
1998 red blazer is on a distinguished road

A subaru would probably be a good fit, impreza or legacy gt i notice comes with a manual gear box. and suv or car, i just want something i can put a ski or bike rack on and not have to worry i can't make it out of a driveway if there is snow. I think a manual car would be so much fun to drive, but i love the size and usefulness of an suv. and the terrain seams to be about the same size as the blazer gets decent mileage, but only with the 4 cylinder. The equinox sport looks pretty good too. I didn't know you could retrofit a Tahoe to a manual, that's pretty cool they offer such a kit. thanks guys for the feedback.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:17 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Does a Jeep Wrangler have the options your looking for?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr.vls
Does a Jeep Wrangler have the options your looking for?
ROFLMAO!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

«--why not get ya one of these?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:34 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 1998 red blazer
I didn't know you could retrofit a Tahoe to a manual, that's pretty cool they offer such a kit. thanks guys for the feedback.
oh, they don't make a "kit" for it. you have to find & source all the stuff yourself.

pretty easy actually, just find yourself a FS manual truck to take all of the parts from. but then you also need to get the computer flashed to realize there ain't no converter there to lock up anymore.

do you really want to get involve with that depth of a conversion? not too difficult like i said, but i have no idea how mechanically inclined you are.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Beginning Member

My parents have a wrangler, 03' sport with a lift and 5speed. Its what i learned to drive manual on and used to take girls on dates with. We also had a diesel suburban, now have an f350 diesel 6speed with a manual. Its just a beast of a truck and i feel like the manual tranny is what separates it from an average truck. So much fun to drive! Like if the edge sport or equinox sport had manual it would be my next vehicle. I guess to stay American branded there really are not many options. Why can't manuefacturers include them more, does it cost them that much money to offer more manual? like how the Colorado doesn't have a solid 6 speed all around, blows my mind, when Toyota and Nissan do.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
oh, they don't make a "kit" for it. you have to find & source all the stuff yourself.

pretty easy actually, just find yourself a FS manual truck to take all of the parts from. but then you also need to get the computer flashed to realize there ain't no converter there to lock up anymore.

do you really want to get involve with that depth of a conversion? not too difficult like i said, but i have no idea how mechanically inclined you are.

ohh okay, that makes sense. I'm not that mechanically inclined to pull a job like that. I have friends that maybe are, but that sounds kind of intense. I thought it was a GM sourced kit that you could buy, like a 350 crate

Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

No think about it.. the tahoes and suburbans are geared towards who now?? Moms, not a high demand for a stick shift SUV

Old 02-07-2011, 11:10 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cochran07
No think about it.. the tahoes and suburbans are geared towards who now?? Moms, not a high demand for a stick shift SUV
you never met my Mom or my wife.

wife luv'd driving the Jimmy.

my Mother on the other hand...she luv'd droppin' gears in my Dart.

but i agree, 99.999% of any gender don't want a manual gear box in their family mobile.

it just sucks that you & i fall into that 0.001%

Quick Reply: random ? for ya :)