Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Remote Control Vehicles(all welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 06:29 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

That a nice little collection!

Just placed an order for a new rear diff and a dirt guard... I'll be hitting the trails again soon!

Old 04-20-2019, 06:33 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

I was into the RC monster trucks 20+ years ago. Racing, truck pulls and just playing. I got into drones 5 years ago and now cycling back to drift cars now.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:07 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Back in the days, where there was no RC, my father was doing his own U-controlled nitro airplanes. All mechanically controlled, no electronics. It took me a bit to find out the correct name of the system, but for those who are interested on how it works here's the link:
History of the Jim Walker Fireball U-Control Balsa Model Plane - Early Control Line Model airplane from American Junior

Old 05-12-2019, 11:41 AM
BF Veteran

Got some work done yo the slash over the weekend... still got some rattling back there... gotta check the other gears... and my battery keeps cutting out for some reason... if I dont keep it moving, itll cut the power to itself within a 5 min run.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:51 PM
BF Veteran
Default Rough motor

Took the truck out after it's been sitting for a little, and fount that the electric motor has a "stiff" spot. It there any way to pull it apart and clean/grease it?

Old 09-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Starting Member
05_Hagg is on a distinguished road

I own way too many. I am rebuilding my Xmaxx. That by far is my favorite truck.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:20 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Took the truck out after it's been sitting for a little, and fount that the electric motor has a "stiff" spot. It there any way to pull it apart and clean/grease it?
You should be able to take it apart. If not it's time to upgrade the motor! Lol

Old 02-07-2020, 12:01 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

I bought a Chinese cheapo WPL C24 1/16 scale. Already started modding a little bit, still have some goodies for it on the way on the slow boat from China.

Good indoor way to pass the time on a rainy day lol.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:10 AM
BF Veteran

Awesome little ride! I've been looking at those online, was thinking of getting a couple for me and the wife's nature walks...

let me know how she runs, pros and cons if you dont mind

Old 02-09-2020, 11:27 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Awesome little ride! I've been looking at those online, was thinking of getting a couple for me and the wife's nature walks...

let me know how she runs, pros and cons if you dont mind
Well, for starters, do NOT get the RTR version... Leaves a lot to be desired. The kit version starts you off with proportional steering from a regular servo, a little bit larger motor, and better tires from the get-go. The steering on the RTR is a complete joke, and the first thing I did was rip it out and toss in my own electronics with a metal gear servo, Spektrum RX/TX system, and I have a little bit larger motor that should be here soon, as well as some softer tires. I've got it actually moving finally! Ended up installing a poorly made gear into the rear diff which was causing a ton of binding. After playing with some shims to get the ring and pinion mess good, it spins pretty good now. But I also just got in metal axle housings to replace the plastic ones, not just for strength, but also to shift the weight lower. Between the metal axle housings, metal gears in them, metal drive shafts, and the metal 4 links, I've probably doubled it's weight lol, which is good because it's all down low. Along with the softer tires, I have some aluminum wheels on the way too, and that should add just that much more weight down low

It's definitely a very fiddly little machine, and will be difficult to work on if you have large fingers, but so far it's performed great around the house and terrorizes the dogs pretty effectively lol. But for the price, for something to tinker with, it's not too bad really.

Quick Reply: Remote Control Vehicles(all welcome)