The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

remote keyless question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:42 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default remote keyless question.

ok. 2000 Olds Alero.

has factory AU0 option.

any idea(s) on where the module is? i tried looking under the dash-on both sides-but no luck. and before i start pulling stuff out, i'd rather know where to look first.

hmmmm...........just had a thought. my Buick has the module in the trunk, near the antenna. wonder if it's back there?

Old 01-29-2011, 09:07 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard of some under the center console but I dunno. Did you google it?

Old 01-30-2011, 01:05 AM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry

Last edited by xmradioguy; 01-31-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

funny, don't remember asking about that.

no remote start wanted, i just want to know where the factory keyless module is.

anyone have an idea? i sure don't want to be ripping this car apart on Monday.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 AM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

well if you read the notes in there it tells you where everything is located that you need for wires in a olds alero. Most install diagrams also tell you where the factory keyless entry is also located. Sorry for trying to help, I deleted the link and i'll be careful not to post the wrong info again for you.

Last edited by xmradioguy; 01-31-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 AM
BF Guru

kinda harsh, eh? could've just pointed that out in your above post. or maybe even mentioned that it would've been included in a remote start install.

but to each their own.

oh well, i'll find it one way or the other.

thanks anyways.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:40 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

Chris - take a look between the rear speakers underneath

found this on the oldsmobile site for the 03 model, think it should still be relevant for you - "The unit is located under the rear shelf between the speakers, so you have to lay the seats down and pop the trim off behind the seats and on either side of the rear window so that you can lift the carpet."

Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xmradioguy
well if you read the notes in there it tells you where everything is located that you need for wires in a olds alero. Most install diagrams also tell you where the factory keyless entry is also located. Sorry for trying to help, I deleted the link and i'll be careful not to post the wrong info again for you.
Can't we all act like grown ups and communicate.

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wir...lero/1283.html

Grabbed the link for you again Chris.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:38 PM
BF Guru

thanks Chris & Kyle. even you Frank. (hey, we all get a little pissy every now & then)

and that was the first spot i looked this morning Chris. and that's exactly what i had to do to get the shelf carpeting off.

i figured if it was anything like the few other GM cars i've messed around with, it would be i the rear of the car.

i just needed to stand there & think hard for a second. i just didn't want to get there & be stumped. really didn't want to be tearing the interior apart trying to find it.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

glad you found er!