Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

so,blazers how hard are they to find

Old 02-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Beginning Member
plcrides is on a distinguished road
Default so,blazers how hard are they to find

like the title says,im interested in something like a 2004 two door blazer,ive already got a jacked up Z71 so dont need a 4x4,
i like the extremes,and i would prefer a 5 speed,im in texas closer to houston then dallas.
could i get a two door blazer and buy the ground effect kits and i would tint the windows and lower it some to a nice stance
not slammed ive been there already and put some decent inexpensive wheels on it then my stereo system.
would this look like the extreme's you guys or would it be better to look for a extreme and i would prefer blue and a 5 speed
so all of these things i prefer wouldnt that make it pretty hard to find ?

so yall are the experts which route should i go with and where would i begin a search,
any specific web sites and searches.im not rich so something like a 2004 would maybe put it around 2-3 grand wouldnt it if not
maybe a earlier model haha.ive got time,im not in a hurry.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:15 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Around me, and to what I've heard in other places as well, they are harder to come across... I think you would have an easier time looking for a 5 speed blazer, then adding the kit to it. Since your planning on doing the work anyways.

happy hunting

Old 02-19-2019, 02:50 PM
Beginning Member

thanks, yea i figured it would be easier this way.especially since i know what colors i do not want and what trany i dont want.
does anyone know if dealer ships can locate them and then get them shipped to here to their dealer ship for you for a fee haha
im not seeing any online.i was told to try carmax and carvana.
thanks

Old 02-19-2019, 03:37 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I'm not too sure what you guys have down in the states, but up here in canada, we have autotrader.ca... and we can search used and new cars anywhere in canada...

as per the dealership, I think you would have to go in and ask. They might. Bigger dealerships more then smaller ones I think... but it all depends on how each dealership goes upon retrieving their used cars..

Old 02-19-2019, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

The five speed blazers are pretty rare, aren't they?

I wish I could find one in a junkyard. Would love to have a manual in my truck

Old 02-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Beginning Member

yea the dealer ships have to keep a stock of used cars as well you know,i mean not all of them can be trade ins.
i had a 1996 S-10 with the 4.3 vortec engine backed up by a 5 speed i ordered it that way and it ran really good.
then when i did the motor swop and i put the corvette LT1 engine in it haha people said man that engine is going to kill that transmission
well proved everyone wrong,that 5 speed is a huge trans, and all i did was buy a center force dual friction clutch package for it and
that was it,and i ran that truck hard.so yep its a good transmission.i have a auto in my Z71 and constantly having problems
im not even sure which automatic goes in the blazers guess i could google.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by plcrides
im not even sure which automatic goes in the blazers guess i could google.
4L60E for second gens. Don't know if any first gens came with a 700R4

Old 02-19-2019, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member

hmm yea thats whats in my 95 Z71,but i put a crate engine in it and a hughe's transmission but its still the same 4L60E but an upgrade
i want a blue two door with a manual and im pretty sure its going to be a long search,now if a blue extreme popped up close and was clean and had a auto in it ugghhh i guess haha i would get it

Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 AM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Last weeks I've spotted a GMC Jimmy with a stick and carburetor offer in my country.. That is, if You decide to swap the transmission, You may also want looking for a Jimmy as a donor.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:47 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Saw this one around my parts... But it's auto.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1855486760694/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so,blazers how hard are they to find