The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Sooo do you camp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Beginning Member
IronDobe is on a distinguished road

The ladies love roof top tents. I've yet to meet one that didn't love them.

Get a hold of Roam Automotive and they'll take good care of you. Great bunch of guys there. Ask for TJ.

roamauto.com

Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

wife will do a tent
I am the deva on this LOL
My back will not do it anymore

I am concidering a bigger tandem axle
Tow it north to where we will camp with the full size truck and just store it near there

Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

theres no way i could camp inside a blazer, i camped in a excursion one time and i swore i would never do that again!

Old 01-08-2013, 05:23 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

I wouldnt have problem laying a mattress down in the back of mine as a matter of fact if mine is on the road by spring me and mrs plan on camping in it.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I towed my parents old pop-up with my '00 Bravada without problems for years:
The pop-up slept 6 if you dropped down the

Then I upgraded to a 2004 Buick Rainier and not too long after that, upgraded to a 19ft hybrid travel trailer:

Sleeps 6 like the pop-up, but was much easier to setup. Less than 20 minutes from park to awning/beds out.

The hybrid proved to be a bit too much side cross-section for the Rainier (i.e. the Rainier didn't weigh enough to make for a stable platform when driving in windy conditions even with a weight distribution hitch). The Bravada wouldn't have had enough power to pull that trailer around at highway speeds. It was one more excuse to get away from the AWD vehicles and into the full size Tahoe that I have now.

And now I have a new 21ft hybrid:

This one can sleep 8 comfortably, 10 if there are 2 little people to sleep on the pull out couch. And it is even easier to setup than our previous hybrid.

Attached Thumbnails Sooo  do you camp?-camping_2009_8th_lake_03.jpg   Sooo  do you camp?-img_2891.jpg   Sooo  do you camp?-img_20120825_113554.jpg  
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

i towed my 21'(5600lbs loaded) trailer twice with my Blazer, it did it, but it made me nervous(bought a truck to tow it). I have a toy hauler tent trailer now and its far nicer to tow with the Blazer, and has decent storage and sleeps 5. I can set it up almost as quick as my old standard trailer(15 mins).

Old 01-08-2013, 07:12 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Diaita
i towed my 21'(5600lbs loaded) trailer twice with my Blazer, it did it, but it made me nervous(bought a truck to tow it). I have a toy hauler tent trailer now and its far nicer to tow with the Blazer, and has decent storage and sleeps 5. I can set it up almost as quick as my old standard trailer(15 mins).
this is what I am thinking
there is a cheap outdoor storage($10 per month) directly across the highway
Get it there and just use the Blazer to shuttle in and out of the campground
21-24ft trailers can be had for more resonable prices than the small stuff

Last edited by rexazz2; 01-08-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I could not camp in the jimmy... I would have to remove the sub, and amp ect to get anything in there, that tent on the roof thingy is cool!

Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I like that tent on top of the truck.. Makes off roading camping easier.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Beginning Member
IronDobe is on a distinguished road

The RTT's really are awesome. They only take a minute to set up, you can set them up anywhere, they fold down into a small square when you're driving, and you can literally put them on any kind of vehicle.

I saw them for the first time this summer when I went on the UPO trip and there were a ton of people that had them.

Attached Thumbnails Sooo  do you camp?-524363_3830612637684_52840784_n.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sooo do you camp?