Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   sunroof open for downpour (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/sunroof-open-downpour-87301/)

er0ck273 09-25-2014 11:37 AM

sunroof open for downpour

To make this short snd sweet, my girl left her sunroof open overnight during a pretty decent downpour...she has cloth seats and cloth on her door panels etc. Whats the best method to dry it out and get thr musty smell out ? Besides keeping windows open when its sunny out

rexazz2 09-25-2014 06:48 PM

If you can get a dehumidifier
put inside with the cord out the door
Run on high

er0ck273 09-25-2014 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by rexazz2 (Post 635194)
If you can get a dehumidifier
put inside with the cord out the door
Run on high

ok so im not the only one who thought that haha. i told her that and she kinda just looked at me funny. since the next few days are supposed to be 70s and nice i told her to keep all windows and sunroof open until she comes back saturday when we can get the dehumidifier in there. she said he light on her dash came on saying one of her doors were open when they we all closed. shes lucky the headunit (pioneer touchscreen) didnt get ruined along with any other electrical crap. i had to laugh when she told me her cup holders were full of water haha

rexazz2 09-26-2014 03:14 PM

wife and I went out for dinner
sunroof was tilted only
Sky was clear when we went in the restaurant and clear when we came back out.It was one of those places you cannot see outside
I hopped in and did the WTF bail back out
I would have swore that someone had poured a bucket of water in on my seat
The car was on just the right angle that that it came in mostly on the drivers seat
Later talking to a friend they asked us if we got caught in the thunder storm :icon_doh:

if you keep the car closed up the dehumidifier will try to pull moisture from the air

BTW
if you dont have a wet vac to try and remove the worst of the water , go to one of those car washes with outdoor vacs and suck up as much as possible

abig84 09-27-2014 10:09 AM

a shop vac works pretty good too if you have a lot of water in it, suck up the pools first before running the dehumidifier. i used to detail cars as my first job and a few other methods we would use especially during the winter is let the car run with the heat on floor. just crack the window so the moisture can get out.

fans work just as well but might take a little longer

er0ck273 09-27-2014 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=abig84;635289]a shop vac works pretty good too if you have a lot of water in it, suck up the pools first before running the dehumidifier. i used to detail cars as my first job and a few other methods we would use especially during the winter is let the car run with the heat on floor. just crack the window so the moisture can get out.

fans work just as well but might take a little longer[/QUOTE

as of now, she said its mostly spot dried, but i will still run the shop vac on anything that might have still been wet. will definitely do the heat idea i never thought of that, luckily she has rubber mats that line her floors but i guess when i see her in a few hours well see how bad it is haha