Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Title/ownership fight... Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road
Default Title/ownership fight... Please help!

My mom is upset because she doesn't have a license and I won't let her drive Neko. She has the title hidden and I can't find it. She kept saying it was in her name, so I went to the tag agency to check. It's in MY name, and my name only. She's saying now that she is gonna sell the car. My dad came up getting violent saying that it is her car that is simply in my name and they can sell it. I told them that they couldn't sell it without my signature according to Oklahoma state law, but both of them firmly believe that since I'm their minor son, that they can. And don't think that just because I'm a minor, I can't own a car, because I had two people at an official tag agency, looking at the vehicle information on the computer, right in front of me telling me that it is 100% mine. Can they sell the car without my signature? What can I do about the title? Basically, what do I do?

Old 12-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Beginning Member
Agrunyan is on a distinguished road

I'd suggest getting in touch with a lawyer, looking for legal advice on a truck forum may not be the best idea. It sounds like you've already done your research, but back yourself up with a confirmation.

Maybe try a civil conversation with your parents as well? Approach them with gentle words and calmly explain your situation, it's at least worth a try. Maybe even wait a little while and let every cool down, then try again.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:32 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

how about you have them send you a new title? i deal with oklahoma titles alot as ive sold 6 vehicles this year. .... just have them get a new title it takes about a week and have it shipped somewhere else .......? or ransack the place...... personally id forget paying the money for the lost title or anything and search ......

Old 12-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Agrunyan
Maybe even wait a little while and let every cool down, then try again.
This has been happening for ages now, and every time I think they've dropped it, Mom does something to bring it back up. Now it's getting worse each time.

edit: I FOUND THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now where do I hide it? The only name on it is mine, and I know that with only my name on it, without the title, they can't even do shady deals! WOOT!! But where do I hide it?

Last edited by JTalley; 12-07-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:58 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

get a bank account.. safe deposit box..........

Old 12-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Starting Member

Don't those cost a lot?

Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Go and ask

Old 12-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Starting Member

I'm looking it up now! I can't believe I actually found it!

Old 12-07-2010, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Are your parents actually trying to sell it out from under you or is this just an argument that gets brought up often due to the disagreement?

Old 12-07-2010, 07:52 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Put it under your mattress. No one ever looks there.

In all seriousness a safety deposit box or somewhere far from home sounds good.

Quick Reply: Title/ownership fight... Please help!