Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Wanna see something funny?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:15 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I thought it was Canada wide, but I guess not!

Old 01-07-2010, 06:08 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I think ours is the same with the class 5.

You get your learners license which allows you to drive with supervision from someone who has had their license for a year. After 9 months with your learners (and 16 years of age) you can go try for your full license.

For the first 6 months with your full license you can only have 1 passenger that in not a family member. After the 6 months you can have as many people as there are seatbelts. After that it's just other upgrades on insurance and being able to drive with alcohol and so on.

Thats how it is in SK anyway..

Old 02-23-2010, 11:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
There's an old dilapidated station on the ride home to NJ that still has their sign up for $1.05 for Premium.

i pulled into some no-name station about 1 1/2 years ago to fill up my Jetta (the local Sunoco was outta diesel, and i was suckin' fumes).

so i pull up to the pump, stick the nozzle in my tank, lift the lever, and wait..........and wait.........and wait........"what the hell is he doin' in there?" i ask myself. i go to pull the door open to ask him what's going on, and the door is locked. huh? i look around, see something taped to the window, sheriff's letter-the station had been closed down about 18 months before! i look @ the pump-then the road sign, diesel was only 81.2 cents (it was around 92 cents/L that day).

i do a quick look around (trying not to look like a total tool), quickly get back in my Jetta (pray like hell that she's gonna start, and make a (barely getting there) dash for the Esso down the road.

God, i hope nobody had a video camera pointed @ me that day!

Originally Posted by zedartwo
My dad Landscaped the Canadian tire about 7-8 years ago and he has a during picture and the gas sign in the back says $0.48/L

gas was just under 34 cents/L when i started driving.

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I thought it was Canada wide, but I guess not!
hmmmm.............doesn't say, "Canadian Driver's Licence" on mine anywhere.

question Alex (you too Ranger), if your regular vehicle driver's licence is a class 5 (our "G" class), then what do they have for the "A" & "D" class out there (that's tractor trailer & straight truck respectively)?

Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

I cross the border often in the summer time. I try to fill the tank (32 gallons), in Ft.Erie, or Lewiston before I get into Ontario. Plus when I fill up in Canada, I can't use my US credit card at the pump, I have to go in, and it is always so damned expensive... the liquor too (but you guys have better liquor)! It wasn't so bad when the money exchange was in my favor, but now at about 5 cents on the dollar, it doesn't quite work out like it used to. Don't get me wrong, I love Canada, and I realize you have the taxes to cover the cost of services provided by your government. We always enjoy ourselves while were there. I get to the Hamilton area about 8 or 10 times over the warmer months. I would like to go visit friends in the "Big Smoke" this summer too, but I am not looking forward to driving there... it's been years since I have had to drive in Toronto.