The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Wha?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Beginning Member
B5Bee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You do realize that the warnings are for those that are offended to get them to take a step back and take a second look at the material in question. The same rules apply to those of you posting in this section as have always applied. They are called THE RULES OF THE FORUM...

Getting all worked up over this such as some of you have is no worse than those that see something and immediately take it so personally that they rant about it. Take your own advice!

And B5Bee, how childish can you be...? Deleting your posts... I feel like there should be a principles office somewhere around here.
I definitely realise what it was about... telling the offended people to take a step back. I get it.

Just to be on the safe side, I even went back through the headers and reread the forum rules, just to make certain I knew where the line is, that way Admin staff wouldn't see ME as being the problem.

Three quarters of the way through it, I thought, "ya know, I'm here to have FUN. I'm here to learn and talk about my truck. I'm here to be entertained. I'm not here to worry about other people's pet-peeves or self-esteem. If that's what I have to do, then it's not fun for me.

But moderation and warnings can be overdone also. I'm not trying to be childish, I'm trying to make a point. The point is: Be Reasonable. The whole thing to the offended people could have been summed up in three simple words: Get Over It.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B5Bee
I definitely realise what it was about... telling the offended people to take a step back. I get it.

Just to be on the safe side, I even went back through the headers and reread the forum rules, just to make certain I knew where the line is, that way Admin staff wouldn't see ME as being the problem.

Three quarters of the way through it, I thought, "ya know, I'm here to have FUN. I'm here to learn and talk about my truck. I'm here to be entertained. I'm not here to worry about other people's pet-peeves or self-esteem. If that's what I have to do, then it's not fun for me.

But moderation and warnings can be overdone also. I'm not trying to be childish, I'm trying to make a point. The point is: Be Reasonable. The whole thing to the offended people could have been summed up in three simple words: Get Over It.
And in the process of "making your point", you have become a hypocrite... Good for you! That'll teach 'em!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:30 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Now who is the one taking everything out of perspective? I find it very hypocritical (as Kyle mentioned) that you jumped all over me for saying one pic you posted hit close to home for me and was offensive. You told me not to take it out of perspective, which I stepped back and thought about it and agreed I may have over reacted.
We took a few days and discussed this thread, and we felt it was going to be ok to open it back up after coming up with a proper notice and reporting system everyone can follow if they happen to find a picture/comment offensive.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:30 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

hey Curtis, i just noticed that you pulled the one you posted of you in front of the "money exchange" over in Afghanistan..........seriously?

and B5Bee, why were all of yours pulled down too?

i think this thread needs to be re-titled. 'cause if there are so many complaints about what's up here (or if it's the same person all the time?) then they shouldn't be coming back, time & time again.

i mean, there hasn't been any racial, degrading, or nude pic's put up, so why are there so many complaints? 'cause if it is one or two people complaining all the time, then that should be taken into consideration as well. but if someone does obviously cross the line, then by all means, they should be cautioned & warned about future violations.

that's just my nickel, take it or leave it.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, I moved your reply back into this thread where the rest of the complaints in response to the notice are so you could read what happened to B5Bee's posts... He decided to remove them all by his lonesome.

Everyone has been blowing things WAY out of proportion. This goes for both sides of this issue.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Chris, I moved your reply back into this thread where the rest of the complaints in response to the notice are so you could read what happened to B5Bee's posts... He decided to remove them all by his lonesome.

Everyone has been blowing things WAY out of proportion. This goes for both sides of this issue.
thanks Kyle.

@ first, i was gonna quote taba5's comments on page 1, but after reading through the whole thread, your last staement pretty much sums it up.

so in reality, this whole subject should be over and done with.

can we now get back to putting up funny *** s**t, so we can all laugh, and not bi*ch about what he said, or she said.............

seriously.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Should be... One can only hope.