Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What Does Everyone Do For a Living??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Starting Member
swells87 is on a distinguished road

I do IT work for an ESD (Education Service District), we cover 3 different counties, 6 different school districts, court houses, and 911 dispatch center.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Beginning Member
Jimmybeatergal is on a distinguished road

I was an accountant and safety coordinator for a truckig company and HD mechanical&welding shop for 4 years. Then became a stay at home mom. Going to school starting January to become LPN. Tried getting into mechanics but most shops are sexist here so I have no chance in hell so depressing

Old 11-21-2013, 02:38 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I'm sorry to hear that. I really love when a woman can work on a car myself.

I'm paying for food and my car payment with fast food at the moment. So I'm going to school for a living right now. Gonna be majoring in EART (Electrical Automation and Robotics Technology) AKA Mechatronics.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Beginning Member
Jimmybeatergal is on a distinguished road

Ya I applied at a muffler shop and they said cuz I'm a woman they won't hire me. Apparently we cause to much "drama". Load of garbage to me.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:56 PM
schaffer1984 is on a distinguished road

im a general laborer for a factory

Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

I wrench and drive wrecker (not chase, but we are contracted with the local boro police) for the small family owned shop.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:57 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Currently I have so many medical issues that I`ll never be able to work again,I had to take a medical retirement from my last job.Fought for 10 years trying to get my disability only to get denied.2 1/5 years I got my ssi..Because Im married I only get half the amount I should be receiving which bs.So basically Im a domestic engineer doing odd jobs.Had my computer business removing viruses,spyware,malware and doing custom computer builds.The competition got so fierce I wasn't making any $.My last full time job was doing timber cutting till a tree fell me and put me out of work.Previously before that I owned an operated my own mechanic shop.Before that I worked for Lowrance electronics of the fish finder fame as a line supervisor and quality control inspector.I lost my job there due to nafta because the company moved it assembly operations to mexico..I owned and operated my landscape co out in Pheonix az before I got hit broadsise and my bike got permanently injured.Previously before that I worked in the construction industry for 8 years.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:03 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
Currently I have so many medical issues that I`ll never be able to work again,I had to take a medical retirement from my last job.Fought for 10 years trying to get my disability only to get denied.2 1/5 years I got my ssi..Because Im married I only get half the amount I should be receiving which bs.So basically Im a domestic engineer doing odd jobs.Had my computer business removing viruses,spyware,malware and doing custom computer builds.The competition got so fierce I wasn't making any $.My last full time job was doing timber cutting till a tree fell me and put me out of work.Previously before that I owned an operated my own mechanic shop.Before that I worked for Lowrance electronics of the fish finder fame as a line supervisor and quality control inspector.I lost my job there due to nafta because the company moved it assembly operations to mexico..I owned and operated my landscape co out in Pheonix az before I got hit broadsise and my bike got permanently injured.Previously before that I worked in the construction industry for 8 years.
Better stop working on your truck!

Old 11-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Beginning Member
jtorlando25 is on a distinguished road

I'm a IT Project Manager for the feds. I work for a defense contractor in DC. I was lucky to have jumped into the computer networking field fresh out of high school at a time when an associate level industry certification was just as good as a 4 year degree. 2 more years I'll have 10 years under my belt with the same agency and I'll only be 27. I've been going to school part time for a while now too trying to finish up an IT degree with a certificate in Network Administration.

I have a PMI CAPM and I've applied for my PMP, waiting for my company to find a boot camp for me to attend so I can knock out the exam. I have a bucket of other certs as well: CCNA, CCDA, Net+, Sec+, A+, ITIL v3. Yep, full time nerd...but damn proud of myself.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jtorlando25
i'm a it project manager for the feds. I work for a defense contractor in dc. I was lucky to have jumped into the computer networking field fresh out of high school at a time when an associate level industry certification was just as good as a 4 year degree. 2 more years i'll have 10 years under my belt with the same agency and i'll only be 27. I've been going to school part time for a while now too trying to finish up an it degree with a certificate in network administration.

I have a pmi capm and i've applied for my pmp, waiting for my company to find a boot camp for me to attend so i can knock out the exam. I have a bucket of other certs as well: Ccna, ccda, net+, sec+, a+, itil v3. Yep, full time nerd...but damn proud of myself.
overachiever!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What Does Everyone Do For a Living??