Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What makes you love your blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Beginning Member
mobileaudio219 is an unknown quantity at this point

My uncle once summed up the whole car bit pretty well by saying "they're all junk, so make sure you get one thats cheap and easy to work on....

Thats why I like my s-series and my fox body stangs... I know them both pretty well..

Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Knowing I can't afford to replace it! LOL

Old 02-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

that it proves looks and actual performance are two different things. the blazer looks like it would be slow and handle like crap but whoop some butt out in the woods. and yet it does great on the road and off

Old 02-07-2012, 12:07 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

i like mine because of the almost perfect weight distribution for optimum traction, the power my 4.3L puts to the 39 inch tires, the short wheel base for wheeling, the ability to haul the whole fam damily to the trails, and the times that i always prove my buddies wrong when they think my lil s10 cant and/or wont make it......and it always does, then pulls them out or thru. for sumthing that looks worthless, they sure kick *** and take names when its necessary!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:46 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

i wont lie when i first was looking for a new car or truck i didnt want an SUV but...that changed very fast ...i love my blazer its the truck if someones car wont start in the morning ...i can go and start mine and jump them ...it nimble and can go alotta place where people go "theres no way ur getting there" lol (one of my favs) and theres soooooo many ways to customize it everything from off road lights to drop spindles and airbags ..the 4.3's ...amazing, love it i wont lie ive had some problems with my blazer but ive fixed everything myself and i got it completly stock and everything in it i did myslelf and its nice to have people come up and look and go "wow where did you get that done" then tell them you did it yourself lol

Old 02-07-2012, 01:34 PM
JRock1944 is on a distinguished road

I love my blazer for it's size, cabin space, and reliabilty. It can haul stuff and go places that my Camaro could NEVER handle. That, and it survives deer strikes a whole lot better than an F-Body muscle car could. XD (I know this from experience.)

Old 02-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

I love the fact that I do better off-road than a rubicon, with a lot less money invested! and that it's a ZR2, I know I'd be wishing I had a Z if I had ended up with a normal blazer.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

I've wanted one since I borrowed a new '95 from my brother-in-law. The look, the ride, the room, all are just about perfect for me. Drove a '98 Corolla for 13 years and even a well used Blazer seemed like a giant step up.
The only reason snow ever kept me from driving the Corolla is when it got so deep that I high-centered (I've been driving in Colorado weather for 28 years) but the Blazer doesn't even need 4wd to get through most of the time. High enough to get over the drifts, low enough to be stable in turns, antilock and 4x to rescue me from my own stupidity. What's not to love?

Ok, gas mileage is half what I was used to, don't love that so much. But the rest is exactly what I want in a non-muscle car.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Park is on a distinguished road

I don't even want to try to count or even remember all the memories I have of my brother's blazer when I was 14, my first Blazer and my current Blazer. Let's face it all vehicles have their flaws and problems, Blazers are no different. My current one, Thumper, some days she whines a lot. Other days she'll wake up and the sound coming from her as she purs that sweet idle song of hers, I can't help but grin. When my girlfriend can hear us coming to see her and she is happy to see the truck. And like others have said when you're out with your friends and their trucks, they say you can't do it and you do it. Blazers are not for every one, they are for us: The Few, The Proud, The Ballsy and The Craziest! I could go on and on but I think it would be better if I just shut up now.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

honestly i wasnt looking for a blazer i wanted to trade my 98 cherokee for a fullsize truck or a suburban but the guy showed up with it first so traded, ive had it since halloween and i love it it rides great more room then the cherokee which is a plus for my dog the gf dosent care for it that much she says the jeep was more fun to drive and handled better but that her opinion. it has its issues like all my 4x4s have had but it runs great.
plans for it are to level it and get some tires that have tread on them

Quick Reply: What makes you love your blazer?