Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   What makes you love your blazer? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/what-makes-you-love-your-blazer-64881/)

Karcinagin 11-09-2011 12:36 PM

What makes you love your blazer?

Mine is when I look at my friend in a 1990 Honda accord 5 speed fighting with the snow last night when I was with him, getting low traction getting pulled every direction. Me get in blazer and drive, I don't see what the problem is.

Just makes me love it much more.

Bigringtravis 11-09-2011 02:38 PM

I'm the service manager at a well-to-do bike shop. That being said, I work a lot of events/races. Being able to get/put my Blazer off the beaten path is awesome.

I run a 750watt power inverter and enough lights to clean up after the sun goes down.

I can't speak highly enough of being able to get my pit tables and two tents with up to three bikes where I need them!

Oh, and yes - SNOW driving! LoL

ChevyBlazerChick 11-09-2011 03:07 PM

Being able to say, "Yeah that's my truck, and why yes I did do all the work to it."

Ne s10 blazer 11-09-2011 03:58 PM

When my girlfriend calls me and says she cant get out of her drive way cuz the drifts are too bad so I make her a path with the blazer:)

AJBert 11-09-2011 04:25 PM

Not sure I'd go so far as say I "love" my Blazer.

I mean, it is a vehicle I bought for a very specific purpose (hunting and fishing) but ended up being my DD also. It has done more than what I expected on numerous times and has been very reliable. (I do believe in and perform preventive maintenace)

I'd say I have more of a financial relationship with the Blazer than any emotional relationship. My wife tends to get upset whenever I buy something else, like a dedicated set of rims and tires that will only be used for maybe two weeks a year while hunting in CO.

I don't see what the problem is?

atvwarrior 11-09-2011 05:21 PM

I have a basicly stock blazer and I play with trucks that have 35 to 54 inch tyres and somehow hold my own , I have 235/75/15s 3 inch body lift and my wheels stick out the way out of the fender walls , I am the muddest truck there but I go where they go . And to my , and the crowds amazement my little blazer took first place at the broome tioga mudd bogs . I litterly pushed all the mud like a mud plow all to the other end of the pit . And right now my buddies are helping me get my v8 freshend up and then I'll really be ready to play .

AuSSenseiter 11-11-2011 09:19 AM

I love my blazers for the simple fact that they are the best all around vehicles. It doesnt matter if your crawling in city traffic, flying around country roads, tearing up the trails, or hauling a load thats more than twice the trucks rated capicity, the blazers are up to the task. I've had many and all gave more than could be asked of them and when they died it was a truely sad event. Momma's 94 blazer has yet to prove itself (since being torn completely down and rebuilt thanks to some rather nasty abuse from the p/o's) but I have total confidence in it.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

DKSDAD 11-11-2011 09:20 PM

I love my Blazer for the many fond memories I have with it especially bring in home our first child from the hospital when he was born 12 years ago.

jaked up 02-06-2012 09:07 AM

why i love my blazer

1. you learn how to fix your own stuff real quick
2. you learn the life long skill of welding if you want bumpers that is
3. learning many new words while working on our trucks
4. they almost never let you down when your in a rough spot
5. people get mad and its mad funny when there fullsize or jeep is stuck and you can pull them out in no time
6. others think blazers are junk but we who own one know they are wrong

pettyfog 02-06-2012 10:28 AM

'Why I belong to BOSG.. Blazer Owners support Group!'

It's cheap to buy, a good family car and wife likes it... AND it's a hobby. Keeps the brain working figuring everything out.
When you get to your sixties, the brain becomes a muscle .. use it or lose it.

'nuff said!