Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   What are YOUR plans for the summer? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/what-your-plans-summer-70202/)

99LS4x4ryanlw 04-23-2012 09:12 AM

What are YOUR plans for the summer?

With summer upon us and the school year almost over with (at least for me lol) I wanted to start a thread where we could share what we do for fun during the summer months. To be honest I have never been on a vacation, so I have made the best of what I've been given. This year looks like having some fun on the 4 wheeler and at some point during the summer I am going to build a trailer for it. And of course there is always the fun of working on the blazer and working on the farm! Lets hear those plans that you guys have!!!

grizzstang 04-23-2012 11:00 AM

I am most looking forward to golfing with my buddies. Then a close second would be camping with some quading here and there. Really anything that gets me outside. I was working on my truck this weekend (getting it ready for camping season) and it was nice to just leave the garage door open.

jbw23 04-23-2012 12:17 PM

I plan on getting a second job to pay for more things for my blazer. And also going to the beach!

chris015 04-23-2012 12:24 PM

^^^^^ x2. the beach!!!! and getting a better paying job so i can stop getting eviction threats every 2-3 months.

99LS4x4ryanlw 04-23-2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by jbw23 (Post 515786)
And also going to the beach!

Originally Posted by chris015 (Post 515788)
^^^^^ x2. the beach!!!!

I can honestly say that I have never been to the beach lol and quite honestly I don't know how to swim either, so I think the beach is out unless I want to go just to check out some of the ladies :icon_naughty:

warthogdriver 04-23-2012 08:43 PM

keep blazer on road
finish mustang rebuild and refresh

enjoy some summer night driving on and off road.

jbw23 04-23-2012 09:04 PM

Im more excited for putting new things on the blazer!

99LS4x4ryanlw 04-23-2012 09:16 PM

I'm just excited that I get to work on the 4 wheeler this weekend and try to get it ready for this summer. I can't wait!!!

AJBert 04-23-2012 09:30 PM

Ummmm...keep on working? I haven't had a "summer vacation" for over 30 years now...lol

xgiovannix12 04-23-2012 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert (Post 515906)
Ummmm...keep on working? I haven't had a "summer vacation" for over 30 years now...lol

its better then not working at all .... :icon_warped:

I still cant find steady work

chris015 04-23-2012 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by 99LS4x4ryanlw (Post 515893)
I can honestly say that I have never been to the beach lol and quite honestly I don't know how to swim either, so I think the beach is out unless I want to go just to check out some of the ladies :icon_naughty:

ha i go fishing at the beach. and i look the "scenery" (bikini babes) in those 50 cent tourist binoculars thats on the pier

duxtoyz 04-24-2012 03:14 AM

im prob gonna do sum wheelin, trips to the beach with the fam, cruising my hot rod around, and anything that involves beer and heat. gonna b a good summer. :)

K1500brute 04-24-2012 05:57 PM

Try and get this thing running right. It runs and moves pretty well but needs work. but i mean i paid 280 for it so i knew it was a project.

Anyone know where i can get parts? lol

http://content.screencast.com/users/...04-24_1841.png

99LS4x4ryanlw 04-24-2012 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by K1500brute (Post 516019)
Try and get this thing running right. It runs and moves pretty well but needs work. but i mean i paid 280 for it so i knew it was a project.

Anyone know where i can get parts? lol

Very nice. I'm hoping I don't have too much work ahead of me on my project, but then again working on is half the fun. (as long as ya can get it running right in the end)

user 1016 04-24-2012 09:15 PM

Going to WV in a few weeks, then working my butt off at school so I can become a RN next year this time. Finish fixing up the house so we can sell it. Canoe, camping, hiking, and riding my motorcycle as much as humanly possible!

97cherryblazer 04-24-2012 09:50 PM

I got a new full time job so that will consume most of my summer. Other than that i am going to Vegas for a few days that going to Puerto Rico with a few friends for a few days as well. (gotta go somewhere where the drinking age is 18) ;)

Other than that obviously adding more things to the Blazer, and then buying my second car.

K1500brute 04-24-2012 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by 99LS4x4ryanlw (Post 516020)
Very nice. I'm hoping I don't have too much work ahead of me on my project, but then again working on is half the fun. (as long as ya can get it running right in the end)

agreed, and hopefully it does not fall apart on you when you are working on it lol

99LS4x4ryanlw 04-25-2012 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by K1500brute (Post 516084)
agreed, and hopefully it does not fall apart on you when you are working on it lol

Ha, can't say that has happened yet, but it is bound to sometime. I just hope my time is a while down the road yet lol

K1500brute 04-26-2012 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by 99LS4x4ryanlw (Post 516274)
Ha, can't say that has happened yet, but it is bound to sometime. I just hope my time is a while down the road yet lol

Luckily for me it has just happened on cheap stuff so i could just pitch it or replace it easily. never got into 4wheelers and ive heard they are fun but what on do you have? and where is near bowing green? lol i have friends in findlay why im asking

im down in columbus on the north side near Polaris (if you know where that is)

99LS4x4ryanlw 04-26-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by K1500brute (Post 516329)
Luckily for me it has just happened on cheap stuff so i could just pitch it or replace it easily. never got into 4wheelers and ive heard they are fun but what on do you have? and where is near bowing green? lol i have friends in findlay why im asking

im down in columbus on the north side near Polaris (if you know where that is)

I'm fixing up an older Polaris Sportsman 500. And I am out in the middle of a corn field about 6 to 7 miles NW of Bowling Green by a small town called Tontogany. Maybe I should change my location a bit huh? lol I get to Findlay every now and then lol and isn't Polaris just west of 71? When I go to Columbus I always take 23 through Delaware, so it isn't that awful far if I remember right

K1500brute 04-27-2012 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by 99LS4x4ryanlw (Post 516362)
I'm fixing up an older Polaris Sportsman 500. And I am out in the middle of a corn field about 6 to 7 miles NW of Bowling Green by a small town called Tontogany. Maybe I should change my location a bit huh? lol I get to Findlay every now and then lol and isn't Polaris just west of 71? When I go to Columbus I always take 23 through Delaware, so it isn't that awful far if I remember right

Naa i would leave it. mines even more general "buckeye country" lol. yeah not much in findlay. Also yep the next thing south of delaware on 23 right before 270. (well Lewis center/Polaris same thing). i think i know were that is i have been up to BGSU a couple of times.

99LS4x4ryanlw 04-27-2012 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by K1500brute (Post 516559)
Naa i would leave it. mines even more general "buckeye country" lol. yeah not much in findlay. Also yep the next thing south of delaware on 23 right before 270. (well Lewis center/Polaris same thing). i think i know were that is i have been up to BGSU a couple of times.

I consider myself lucky when someone from around Columbus knows about where I'm at. We just got our first gas station in town this year. That is the first one in probably 30+ years. The size of the high school about doubles the population of the town, which is grades 9-12, and that only amounts to around 500 students or a shade less. And when you are around findlay, at least outside of the city limits, you'll have to be careful lol my uncle is a hancock county sheriff down there haha not that he would know anything about us knowing each other through this forum though. and hey, I'm going to BGSU lol not much in BG either except for when the National Tractor Pulls are in town. Now that is a heck of a time lol

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer (Post 516060)
(gotta go somewhere where the drinking age is 18) ;)

I think I will stand to wait a little longer...I only have til this next Jan until I'm good to go, but I wish ya a good time! I've never got to do such a thing lol

ohsofly 04-28-2012 05:25 PM

Im gonna be working alot, i work long haul for home hardware stores distribution center, and spring/summer is the busy season... I hope to do a few overnight runs into BCs west coast so i can do a little salmon fishing. Camping with the family too to drumheller AB. Do some work on the blazer - yank the 5.7tbi from our suburban and do the swap maybe? Some mods to my silverado too.

Hanr3 04-30-2012 10:10 PM

Working, working, working!
Working at my 7-3:30 job, overtime about 8 hours a week.
Working- DJing, remodeling my brothers basement, putting up some fences at the kids houses, and work around my house.

As for fun, practicing with my traditional bow, about 3-5 dozen arrows a day.
Boat camping, fishing, Crappie Tournament fishing, and a family reunion to Kentucky Lake.

K1500brute 05-01-2012 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by 99LS4x4ryanlw (Post 516585)
I consider myself lucky when someone from around Columbus knows about where I'm at. We just got our first gas station in town this year. That is the first one in probably 30+ years. The size of the high school about doubles the population of the town, which is grades 9-12, and that only amounts to around 500 students or a shade less. And when you are around findlay, at least outside of the city limits, you'll have to be careful lol my uncle is a hancock county sheriff down there haha not that he would know anything about us knowing each other through this forum though. and hey, I'm going to BGSU lol not much in BG either except for when the National Tractor Pulls are in town. Now that is a heck of a time lol

Thats good to know cause i can be a speed demon sometimes, (well not in the bravada 80 is its tops before i get worried) and i mean its flat land up there soooo.... lol. Seriously?? 30 years... crazy i cant go 2 miles without see like fifty gas stations. and there was 500 in my graduation class alone lol. Must be very different up there

RetroBlazer 05-01-2012 05:19 PM

I parked the Blazer and starting on the resto-mod on my 1988 GMC Indy Pace truck.

99LS4x4ryanlw 05-01-2012 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by K1500brute (Post 517360)
Thats good to know cause i can be a speed demon sometimes, (well not in the bravada 80 is its tops before i get worried) and i mean its flat land up there soooo.... lol. Seriously?? 30 years... crazy i cant go 2 miles without see like fifty gas stations. and there was 500 in my graduation class alone lol. Must be very different up there

It is quite different lol I don't think I could have handled 500 in my graduating class alone...yikes...I knew 99.5% of every kid in my class, along with 99.5% of everyone in each class one year older than me and one year younger. I like it up here to say the least haha, out in BFE

Originally Posted by RetroBlazer (Post 517363)
I parked the Blazer and starting on the resto-mod on my 1988 GMC Indy Pace truck.

Would be interesting to see the finished product!

Thogert 05-01-2012 06:06 PM

I'm going to Disneyland for the first time with my dad and our family friends for a week at the end of the month. Get some camping (and drinking ;)) in too. And hopefully visit my mom in Vegas sometime. I haven't seen her for almost a year now. :(

IanD 05-01-2012 07:14 PM

Work, and get an early start on college

4x4blazerguy 05-01-2012 09:02 PM

I'm on a permanent vacation. In the winter we go home to Yuma AZ & in the summer we hang out in both Nevada & the Northern Colorado River area AZ.
Working is against my beliefs, I'm even getting where messing with vehicles is too much work, so I just drive them. My Yellow Lab like to chase balls in the river, if I'll throw them. He always brings them back. So I guess I'll just hang out with my dog & get a nice tan, on the river. My dog is a Chick magnet so I'll get to visit with plenty of old women. Good thing my wife isn't the jealous type. But heck when you get as old as I am that's about all you can do is talk & remember how it was. Ha ha.

CenTexBiker 05-01-2012 10:57 PM

find a job
get my disability claim squared away with VA
move to Houston
repaint my pickup
lift the blazer