Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Winter is here, who all got dumped on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:22 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Where are you from Ezearl?
Nothing here just been cold lately,we did have some more rain a couple of nights ago and then it turned to snow but with little accumulation.Lows in the single numbers the last 2 nights with highs in the 20`s to near 30*Supposed to get snow tomorrow but unsure on how much acculation it will bring.No signs of spring here except more birds are starting to show up.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Joey1986Z is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
This photo was taken by the satellite yesterday,its lake huron in which I live 4 miles from the mouth of.
The last time I saw the mouth was 1997, I think. Drove over Blue Water Bridge from Sarnia. I entered Canada from the Windsor Tunnel. I was living in Romulus (right below DTW) at the time. Nice SUMMER Sunday drive.

There was only one bridge then, and it took 1-2 hours I recall to get across the border. Another bridge was under construction, the main span had not yet been started. When was this 2nd bridge completed?

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2014, 04:06 PM
EZEARL is on a distinguished road

Where are you from Ezearl?
Nothing here just been cold lately,we did have some more rain a couple of nights ago and then it turned to snow but with little accumulation.Lows in the single numbers the last 2 nights with highs in the 20`s to near 30*Supposed to get snow tomorrow but unsure on how much acculation it will bring.No signs of spring here except more birds are starting to show up.

Eastern part of WV at the foot of the Alleghenies. 35-40yrs ago we'd average 90" of snow a yr. Even so,this yr we've had more snow (maybe 40") and lower temps than we've had in the past 20yrs. Gotta be that global warming.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road

I am in Ontario and we are still getting dumped on. I am ready to do the "shining" on somebody's ***

Don

Old 03-25-2014, 08:39 AM

Winter doesn't want to give up here in the great lakes although yesterday I did see the 1st robin of the spring.!-2 inches of snow here today the weather people are saying.March is notorious for flip flopping back and forth between winter and spring.One of the largest snow storms I ever seen dropped 15 inches in 4 hours in Missouri of all places.I have seen the same thing happen here on a Easter weekend so the around the Great lakes region you never know what your going to get.I have to say I`ll probably speak for the majority of us northern folks we are all sick and tired of snow and cold.Im anxious to get out and ride the xs400 that's been hibernating all winter.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:10 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Winter doesn't want to give up here in the great lakes although yesterday I did see the 1st robin of the spring.!-2 inches of snow here today the weather people are saying.March is notorious for flip flopping back and forth between winter and spring.One of the largest snow storms I ever seen dropped 15 inches in 4 hours in Missouri of all places.I have seen the same thing happen here on a Easter weekend so the around the Great lakes region you never know what your going to get.I have to say I`ll probably speak for the majority of us northern folks we are all sick and tired of snow and cold.Im anxious to get out and ride the xs400 that's been hibernating all winter.
contrary to popular belief, its not uncommon to see a robin in the dead of winter, not all migrate south.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:03 AM
Joey1986Z is on a distinguished road

I am 47 and the worst snow I saw here in NW Georgia was the blizzard of '93. On March 13, 1993 over a foot fell here and stayed on the ground for nearly 2 weeks. A foot down here is serious. We had no power for several days, thank goodness we had a wood heater that provided heat and cooked our meals.

I once saw snow here (no accumulation) on Cinco de Mayo 1986.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:43 AM

NEB that looks terribly horrendous.I cant even imagine and don't want to.This what we got last night with low of about 0* this am

Attached Thumbnails Winter is here, who all got dumped on?-100_2725.jpg   Winter is here, who all got dumped on?-100_2726.jpg  
Old 03-26-2014, 04:22 PM
EZEARL is on a distinguished road

We'll be firing up the a/c's before you know it!

Old 04-01-2014, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Yesterday MN had its first tornado, 50 miles away it was snowing heavily, Southern MN was in the 70's, where northern mn got 18" of snow. No other place like it LOL

Then Thursday into friday, we are going to get another storm, 6-12" here in the MPLS metro.
All the snow is gone minus the big piles and where its shady most of the day... lame.

Quick Reply: Winter is here, who all got dumped on?