Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Your First Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

They don't have the suspension travel that we do with our blazers , If they park on a curb just right you could lift the opposite tyre off the ground enough to change it .

Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 AM
EricR is on a distinguished road

2003 Ford Focus, bleh...

Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

LOL @ you wetears!

Images are dupes.. not actual
Had this 8 year old car in HS. Actually two of them.. wrecked the first

This was my fifth car -circa 1965-

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20-%20myCars/

Last edited by pettyfog; 10-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Aaah memory lane, My first of 24 vehichles,1964 Ford F-100 Pick-up, 292Ci V8 with a 3 speed on the floor, It had 8 lug wheels and painted a bright orange, also had Thrush mufflers for exhaust, I purchaced it from my older brother for $500.00 in 1975

Old 12-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Beginning Member
05prerunner is on a distinguished road

First vehicle i drove around was a 95 regular cab Ford Ranger(was the parents)

MY first truck:
05 Tacoma (tons of Mods.. 4.0 V6..Auto..) (still have it)

then i got this:
93 Mercedes 190E (2.6 Inline 6..auto..slightly modified..) (SOLD)

Sold the Benz.. and got the Blazer:

What it looked like when i got it:

EVentually, i'd like to modify the Blazer as well.. lift..bigger tires..and who knows what else..

Old 12-24-2011, 09:26 AM
LucasMI is on a distinguished road

First:

First paid for:

Its sad death:
Left side of front axle locked up at 45mph on a dirt road and spun me sideways, right into the ditch. Tweaked the frame a little and damage would have cost $1k I didnt have to fix so the old MuddMutt met her fate at the scrap yard...but not before yanking the big 360ci 5.9L motor and Danna 44 rear sold to pay for a new blazer

Last edited by LucasMI; 12-24-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
deadmanet is on a distinguished road
Default Can't believe I've never seen this thread!

Nice rides.....I've got a real groaner for ya....

First car I drove was my parents minivan(don't remember kind)

First car I owned? 1978 Ford Pinto

Actually ran pretty good, as the guy I bought it from kept it up for the most part. Bought it for $100 cash. All I had to do was get the carb rebuilt and replaced the windsheild. Wish I coulda painted it, but the primer red "paint" job kinda grew on me.

It's also the reason why most of my cars(until the blazer) have all been manual transmission. Something about shifting those gears! All my friends in high school used to laugh at me....until we all where headed to a baseball tournament about 50 miles away, and I blew by em all doing about 80-90(don't remember exact, been way to long) with my hood flapping all the way....Latch didn't sit completely closed.....lol

Kinda miss the thing too. Drove it for about 2 1/2 years until the clutch finally went out, and at the time I had the cash so I got something else.

My favorite car(not counting the blazer of course) was my 85 Camaro, still mad at myself for trading it in, but at the time, didn't have the money to fix things going wrong, and I couldn't keep up with the gas with as much as I was driving. I got a pic of it, but no scanner, so can't upload it....I'll add it later if I can get it scanned.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Beginning Member
Kazikie is on a distinguished road
Default Your First Car

My first vehicle was a 78 Chevy custom pickup. Baught for $400. It got 9mpg and used oil so bad my dad started putting used oil in it. XD

My first "car" was a 87 Buick Regal. I miss this car. I really whant an 87 buick Grand National, but if I came acrost a regal t-type I would buy it too. Mind you this would be my "fun" car. I would still keep the blazer of course. ^_^ Here is a pic. Its actually my graduation photo

Old 12-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Starting Member
_HeC_ is on a distinguished road

cant find any pics of it painted but bought my 1st car when i was 18

and i had it until this year(9yrs later lol) and since i couldnt sell it how it sat i stripped the thing and got double what i was asking for the car complete

Old 12-26-2011, 10:28 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by _HeC_
cant find any pics of it painted but bought my 1st car when i was 18

and i had it until this year(9yrs later lol) and since i couldnt sell it how it sat i stripped the thing and got double what i was asking for the car complete
If it had factory components on it I would have been able to tell the year but it doesn't lol My guess is an 89 Z24?!? I can get one right now that needs a whole resto for like $200 but it wold need a tone of work just to get running right.

Nice car too! I LOVE the digital dash in these. So space age and neat for late 80's early 90's lol Can I get a little more info on it?

Quick Reply: Your First Car