Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lowering Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/)
-   -   87 blazer drop please help! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/87-blazer-drop-please-help-39843/)

civic12sechatch 01-27-2010 02:21 AM

87 blazer drop please help!

hi, i just recently got a hell of a deal on a 2wd 87 blazer. i want to drop it as low as possible without using air suspension and still be able to steer all the way with no tire rub. ive looked at some kits i found some for up to 6 inches in the rear! i guess my question is how low can i go and still be able to steer and drive operate etc the truck. its 2wd will i need spindles or not, is there anything else i should need any surprises i wouldnt know about. i do want the truck to sit even and its much higher in the rear right now. i came over from the import scene and know my way around a shop and cars etc can do anything to a honda but have no expierience her any suggestion and answers will be most appreciated. i plan to eventuly debadge and shave the door handles the body and paint of this thing are 9.5 out of 10 so it will look awesome on the ground or as low as i can go. any help thanks!!!!!

civic12sechatch 01-27-2010 11:07 PM

research

damn still no ansers yet! i did some research. i found kits that will lower the back up to 6 inches using blocks and leaf springs. it also comes with lowering shocks. i found this from a friend of a friend for 100 bucks and cant find any cheaper so il prob go for it!. as for the front i have only ound 3 inch drop springs. i have also seen 2inch drop spindles and thats where my new question lies. will the spindles add another 2 inch drop after the 3 inch drop from the springs? if so i think thats where i want tobe at. a 5/6 drop 5 in front and 6 in the rear. i wont be running huge wheels and tires so i think il be safe with this drop just no speed bumps for me lol. i am just starting this on going project to the 87 blazer i just got. eventuaqly it will be repainted white debadged nd shaved droppped nicer wheels and a custom audio sytem with fiberglass box. however it will take over a year to complete. i will take pics the whole way thru the buld starting with it now as a stock 87 with a lil surfae rust faded paint and il take pics along the way !!!!!!!!! any info on the drop will help thanks!

old skool luvr 01-28-2010 12:26 AM

you can go with a 3" coil & a 2" spindle in front.

hang on, i'm gonna look for a pic of my brother's Dime we built about 12 years ago...............

hmmmm, strange. i can only find this pic on my bucket right now.

oh well, doesn't matter, it still shows you what you can do. his is the black one on the right, but the stretch on the left has almost the same set-up (custom coils).

http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/a...sstretch01.jpg

he's rollin' on 18's, wrapped in 225/35/R18's @ all four corners. a little FYI, if you plan on going this low, you'll be limited to a 7" wide rim. 8's will have interferance problems with the fender lip.

civic12sechatch 01-28-2010 02:33 AM

Thanks

Hey thanks for the help. I found a used it on craigslist with 2 inch drop spindles and 3 inch drop springs so it wil be perfect and only will cost me a total of 250. The guy want 100 for the rear shocks blocks and leafs and the other guy wants 150 for the spindles and springs but il try and talk him down a lil. Im kinda glad tho have found so so many new and used parts for theese truckds for real cheap. I may go with the stock chrome front bumper and a roll pan rear painted white to match but u guees the truck wont look quite as low. Il have to see how it looks and go from there. Im sure il be on here a lot for questions parts to slowly show of my progress and everything else i guess lol thanks for the info any one know how hard it is to swap a 350 into theese things mine runs great now but has kinda high miles and i olan on keepin it for a hell of a long time if not forever si a v6 swap will be in the futur one the bodys done and painted. I looked at some pics of this year with a 5/6 drop looks awesmoe i fell in love with the white 1 i saw. Mine will look close eventaly hah thanks again il post pics as soon as i get em!

old skool luvr 01-29-2010 02:20 AM

glad to help.

but could you please make a better post next time.

that was soooooo hard to read. not enough puntuation, and it could've been broken up into 3 paragraphs. and not to out you to much more, but checking your spelling helps alot too.

hey i know not everyone is a perfect spelling bee contestant, but there were so many "finger" mistakes made, it's hard to follow.
just an example of what i'm talking about, "swap a 350 into theese things mine runs great now but has kinda high miles and i olan on keepin it for a hell of a long time if not forever si a v6 swap will be in the futur".

i'm guessing it was, "these", "plan", "is" (i know you're a Honda boy, but we don't have no si's here :)), and "future".

why do you think the truck won't be as low with a roll pan on it? that's what we put on my brother's truck and the stretch when we built them. but do put on a steel pan, with the licence plate in the TG or rear window. you'd be surprised how easy it is to catch the plate on the ground when coming out of a parking lot (nothing sounds as bad as fiber glass cracking when it catches on th ground :icon_doh:)

good luck with your truck, and be sure to start a build thread when you start getting into it.

civic12sechatch 02-03-2010 02:37 AM

def will start a build thread when i get some pics and start putting on some parts!

as for the spelling lol didnt realize how bad it was until i reread one of my posts. i just start typing and dont stop. yea hit a bunch of wrog keys lol!!!!!

funny comment about the si tho hah.

but hey ud be surprised what type of power u can get out of those lil 4 bangers. but nah the big ass wings and fiberglass kits dont seem to help although for some reason mexicans and teenagers swear by them lol well im out for the night hopefully il get sumthin done tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!