Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lowering Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/)
-   -   Lowering more than just a 3" all around (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/lowering-more-than-just-3-all-around-42445/)

blazin173 03-21-2010 08:59 PM

Lowering more than just a 3" all around

Sup guys im a newbie here and I wanted to ask what all I can do to lower my blazer more its a 2000 2wd 2 door blazer thats lowered with 3"blocks and 3" springs in the front with bilistein shocks all around I ordered 4" blocks for the rear and plan on taking a few leafs out in the rear but i cant seem to find a good price as far as spindles my goal was a 5/6 drop on 18s with a bolt on notch (which im waitin for in the mail) but i wanted to see if you guys could help me as far as lowering it fast and cheap thanks guys

cbr995 03-21-2010 09:02 PM

I know this doesn't pertain to your question, but do you have any pics of your truck? I want to drop mine 3 inches, and want to know what it looks like.

blazin173 03-21-2010 09:05 PM

and for the record I put smaller tires on it and it looks too beaner for me considering I am mexican lol but I do want to have all this done before summer to have it lowered where i want it if you guys know any one that has 2" drop spindles for a 2000 Blazer please *PM me*. thanks again

lol i can get some tomorrow for you I dont know how to set up pics on here so text me and ill show you but please dont mind the tires i have on there now before i had 235/70R15s now i have 195/55R15s dont laugh too hard when you see it

cbr995 03-21-2010 09:15 PM

You can either attach files on the "Go Advance" page when you reply.
Or you can upload on photobucket and post the image link.
And a word of advice, it's against the rules here to double post. Just edit the last post.:icon_wink:

DriftinBlzr 03-22-2010 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by blazin173 (Post 314313)
i wanted to see if you guys could help me as far as lowering it fast and cheap thanks guys

Wait, save your money, and do it correctly. Spindles will be $$$ no matter where you get them. Running around with a 3" drop for awhile is going to hurt you.

Later, Doug

95Jimmy 04-08-2010 12:09 AM

Just FYI I have 3' blocks in mine and took out 1 leaf and with 2 12's in the back it was enough weight to bottom out even with the bumpstops out.

MTopper 04-08-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by 95Jimmy (Post 319554)
Just FYI I have 3' blocks in mine and took out 1 leaf and with 2 12's in the back it was enough weight to bottom out even with the bumpstops out.

Do you bottom out on regular roads? or is it when you hit something hard? any more info? i'm doing a 3 inch drop this summer and i have a system, if you bottom out daily i might just go 2

95Jimmy 04-09-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by MTopper (Post 319743)
Do you bottom out on regular roads? or is it when you hit something hard? any more info? i'm doing a 3 inch drop this summer and i have a system, if you bottom out daily i might just go 2

The rear would bottom out when I hit decent sized bumps in the road. When I took the leaf out I had no spare tire or stereo. Adding that weight + fill up the tank it dropped the rear down a little more. Normally by myself it wasn't too bad- even with the kids it wasn't too bad. But put another adult or 2 in there and it bottomed out too much. I put the leaf back in a few days ago- so now it's a 3 inch drop. With just the 3' drop it does fine. It hasn't bottomed out yet with 3 adults, full tank of fuel, and 6 bags of fertilizer in the back. Removing the leaf made it ride a lot softer which is probably why it bottomed out so much more. I just ordered 4' blocks for it last night. I don't think it will bottom out too bad because with all the leaves in it it's a lot stiffer. Here's a really crappy pic with 3' blocks and 1 leaf out. BTW mine had 4 leaves- I've heard some only came with 3?

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9236/blazer001.jpg

MTopper 04-09-2010 11:54 AM

Yeah, my truck only has 3 leafs but it is a 2 door which might explain it. Your truck looks great though. I always have a system in my trunk (i bolted it down) and i just don't want to bottom it all out every single time i hit a great Detroit pot hole or railroad crossing (pot holes here means at least a 2 inch hole haha)

S10Blazerdude 04-27-2010 11:35 PM

Yeah ive been looking up stuff online about the 3" drop.......the kit where it is just the springs and blocks really works? I dont have anything in the back.....just spare tire......Could I take out a leaf and it will still ride fine? I have a 1992 S10 Chevy Blazer......2 Door......anyone know?