Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lowering Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/)
-   -   Lowering question (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/lowering-question-43053/)

MTopper 04-06-2010 01:16 AM

Lowering question

so i have flip flopped so many times that i'm going to stick with my original plans and going to lower my truck. now then, few quick questions about whats best for cheap. i really want to stay under $300 and still get a 3-4 inch drop without huge modifications.

If i go front coils, rear block, i know i need to get shocks for at least the fronts. what is a good shock to get?

if i do spindles(which cost a lot) what else do i need for the fronts(i'll still do blocks out back)

and with the block kits, do i need the pinion shim kits that they're trying to sell me? if so, what angle (2 degree, 4, 6) for a 3 inch block kit.

lots of questions, i looked for these questions and couldn't really find a straight answer.

I'm in no rush, for the setup i need $180 and am currently stuck at $150, i'm either paying for school stuff, personal matters, my dogs needs, or helping my mom with bills.... just want questions answered so i can do it all at once

95Jimmy 04-10-2010 02:37 PM

I'd go down to the local parts store and pick up some 3 inch steel blocks for the back. I think I paid $30 for mine. I didn't use any shims and I have no vibrations/problems with mine. For the front most cost effective way to lower the front cut the springs :). Next cheapest buy lowering springs. You don't have to get lowered shocks. You can if you want to or you can always do that later.

oktain 04-10-2010 07:51 PM

If you use blocks in the rear you don't need lowering shocks for the rear because the shocks aren't mounted to the rear axle, they're mounted to the leaf springs, therefore not changing the mounting position of the rear shocks.

MTopper 04-10-2010 08:17 PM

i know that now oktain, thanks. the guy one the phone was trying to get some more money out of me i guess so...

i completely forgot about this post to be honest until right now

cbr995 04-10-2010 09:47 PM

I've heard decent things about Beltech drop shocks. Somebody else will have to chime in on that.

MTopper 04-10-2010 10:04 PM

I'm going to lower it early summer (i need a little more cash before i can justify dropping it) then see about what shocks i want to get if i really feel the need..

ImScrewed92 04-13-2010 02:32 AM

I ran belltech street series? The black ones only for about 5 monthes but they were pretty good. Keep and eye on our advertisers, one of em' offers deal for members from time to time. Other wise COUGH:stylintruck.com:COUGH (excuse me) does good deals on shocks every 3-4 monthes it seems.

Oh btw I've heard good and bad about toxic lowering shocks. Food for thougt.

MTopper 04-13-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92 (Post 320982)
I ran belltech street series? The black ones only for about 5 monthes but they were pretty good. Keep and eye on our advertisers, one of em' offers deal for members from time to time. Other wise COUGH:stylintruck.com:COUGH (excuse me) does good deals on shocks every 3-4 monthes it seems.

Oh btw I've heard good and bad about toxic lowering shocks. Food for thougt.

I'm already going to order the kit through stylintrucks so i might as well keep giving them business huh?

i was going to run belltechs if i got any type of shocks anyhow.. i haven't heard anything good for long term on the toxics so