Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lowering Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/)
-   -   Lowing a Chevy Blazer on 22's? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/lowing-chevy-blazer-22s-28787/)

Striker84 03-17-2009 12:12 PM

Lowing a Chevy Blazer on 22's?

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum... But anyway, I have a Chevy Blazer 99 2WD... 4 door.... with 22x9.5 Rims on it - If you want pictures for wheel well room - Which is a lot - You can look in my Album (Work computer wouldn't allow attachment window.)

1.) Has anyone archived this. And if so - Any pics?
2.) How low can it go?

Going for a Beltech Full Lowering kit w/shocks - Very Affordable! :D

BTW I was thinking about doing a 2/3 drop or a 1/3 drop - THE BACK IS HIGH you can see my full spare...

Wheel turns Good. Light rubbing, but I can cut stuff to correct it.

Thanks -

1998blazer 03-20-2009 10:44 PM

I have a 1998 s-10 blazer 2wd 4-door 0n 22 x 9.5 with 265 35 22's . I just recently added a 1'in spacer to put my wheels out even with the outside of the body. I'm trying to figure out the drop as well because I already had to cut and mod the fender wells to get some turning radius back and so I don't cut up tires. I was thinking that a 2-3 drop would work with a 1 inch spring spacer on the drivers side to level out that normal chevy lean. what size tires are you running on your 22's? Also if I get to lowering mine soon and I do a 2-3 and shocks as well I will let you know what happens and how well it works

Striker84 03-21-2009 02:51 PM

I was thinking about doing a 2-3 drop as well... I took the fender trim off and also the side logo trim and it looks good! :)

But I think I can do the 2/3 drop np -- You got pics?

Also you said you had some cutting done in the front for turning radius... Can you explain this in detail so I can get some turn... Also If you had to cut into the frame. what did you do to reinforce it?

Give me some details, man.

Thanks For everything.... For Real....:)

boomtruck97 03-23-2009 03:01 AM

the key here is that with the 1 inch spacers he will not have to cut or notch the frame. As far as i am concerned weakening the frame to allow 22's on a late 90's blazer is rediculious. its nice to see somone spent 3000 on rims and tires for a 3000 dollar truck. but to each his own.

as far as how low, i would agree a 2/3 drop would be the way to go. but my advice is to set the new shocks very hard for little bounce on bumps, and roll the fenders - to prevent tire damage. you dont want to lower on 22s just so that when you hit a unforseen pot hole that the tire bends up ur fender or you get a flat tire from a slice. that may ruin your day, and maybe your wallet.

Striker84 03-23-2009 06:41 AM

Well, I spent actually nothing on the wheels and Rims, they were given to me... I would never spend 2800 dollars on Rims for this truck, but hey - I got em - I rock em... But going back to your suggestion Rolling the Fender? What does that mean? Inward or Outward? Lifting it? And 2/3 drop is kool... But what do you think of a 1/3 drop... There is just so much room in the back... maybe the front too... I need to post pics.

Yea, frame cutting will weaken the structure... Man this is harder than I thought...

boomtruck97 03-23-2009 05:21 PM

to roll the fenders is a trick popular in the drifting world, were as you roll the metal lip of the fender up so that you get another inch or so inside the well so your tires wont rub or scrape. If you search a bit online they have a few DIY how-to's that show how you can do it in about 20 minutes and roll it with a wooden baseball bat or dowel rod.

and i really have to say that a 1/3 drop will look so horrible. with the front that high. the 2/3 will help level it out over all and it really will be a bigger difference than you think. trust me.

Striker84 03-24-2009 05:06 AM

boomtruck97... Your right - thanks for the advice... Your good peoples

jagblazer01 03-24-2009 08:19 PM

2-3 you can fit 22s no problem. you may be able to go lower....just do some research