Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lowering Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/)
-   -   NEED HELP!!! i want to lower my 1998 blazer 2wd 4 door (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/need-help-i-want-lower-my-1998-blazer-2wd-4-door-55369/)

ocfvbadboy 02-13-2011 05:07 PM

I have a 1998 Blazer 2wd 4 door and wanted to know whats the cheapest and best way to lower my blazer? its normal height with 20 inch rims right now! i was thinking drop spindles by jegs in the front but what else should i do? please help me out with any information that u have! i would greatly appreciate it!

whats the best and cheaper way to lower my 1998 blazer 2wd 4 door?

any helpful information would be greatly appreciatted!!! thanx!

chevytruckdood 02-14-2011 08:48 AM

check drop spindles from other palces than just jegs. Suicidedoors.com makes different control arms. and actually theres all sorts of parts places for lowering vehicles. it all depends on what you do there is an ultra cheap way to drop your 2wheel drive. but im not even going to write it as in option because its not a good option and its ruins thigns quick

the true cheapest way to do it is do it the right way the first time and use the right parts. ive lowered alot of vehicles and had to fix many that were done the wrong way.. if you cant afford to do it the right way buy it piece by piece.
there are many many forums just about lowering. but i can get way more in depth with you later on. i just got home from work and need some sleep.

97CountryJukeboxLt 02-14-2011 09:27 AM

Blocks on the rear end are a cheap simple way to go, worse case scenario intalling them is you buy the s10 kit and your U-Bolts aren't right.

ocfvbadboy 02-15-2011 02:34 AM

I have looked on line for other spindles... beltech has sum and they r a lil too pricey for my budget! My dad was thinkin 2 inch drop spindles in the front and 3 inch lowerin blocks in the back!!! Its cuz I have 20 inch rims! What do u think about that option??? 1 more thing... what kind of shock should I go with? I appreciate all of ur guys help! Thanks!!!

By the way... the spindles by JEGS r only about $180!!!

97CountryJukeboxLt 02-15-2011 07:23 AM

Personally, i'd keep stocks until they wear down, i've got my stock bilstein shocks on at 107k miles (but of course i'm running stock dimensions rim wise) they've gone about 1k with the blocks on it and still working fine. I'd take it to a lift/suspension shop and see what they'd reccomend, don't buy anything from them buy them online save yourself some money on parts. Personally i'd get a set of Roughcountry shocks but thats just me.

On a side note, make sure your U bolts are long enough, my U bolts were so short of the 2" Belltech blocks, we bought a 1" universal lift/drop block it and the U bolts were tater diggers, at least until we fabbed them down to a decent size.

ocfvbadboy 02-15-2011 03:15 PM

Thanx bro!... I'm goin with the 3 inch lowering blocks in the back and either 2inch lowering coils or 2 inch drop spindles in the front! Thanx again for ur knowledge of lowering a blazer!

thegr81 03-29-2011 10:52 AM

If you still have the sealed hub blazer front then spindles will be pricey unless you do the s-10 pickup spindle conversion I did mine with junk yard parts on the cheap then later changed them out for newer parts once the conversion was done and in the long run was able to get drop spindles from airbagit.com for like 120bucks for the pair. Doing this conversion will save you in the long run if you plan to go further with the lowering and switch to air ride.

lowburb 04-23-2011 09:29 PM

What year S-10 do you grab parts from for the conversion?

thegr81 05-07-2011 12:08 PM

I grabbed mine off of a 82 blazer which had the spindles and is the same setup as a s-10 all the way through end of production of that body style. The only issue you will have and here is what I did is when converting over calipers I used the blazer brake lines I just had to round the square end that bolts to the caliper and used new crush washers when reinstalling the bolt and tightened it all the way down and it has been that way on mine for 4yrs now no issues at all. Now when I go to get front brake parts I just ask for 2001 s-10 pads and rotors which are less expensive then the blazer originals. As for stopping power it still stops flat and smooth.

lowburb 05-09-2011 11:07 AM

Thanks for that. That helps me out.