Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lowering Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/)
-   -   need help with lowering my blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/need-help-lowering-my-blazer-35229/)

lsv93delsol 09-27-2009 10:31 PM

need help with lowering my blazer

whats up guys i need help lowering my blazer. i got a 02 blazer ls 4wd all the stuff i c online is for only 2wd blazers and 2door blazer can i still get it even tho it sed its for the 2wd or the 2 door if not does any1 know a site i can get 1 for my truck??? pleas some1 help me!!!!

old skool luvr 09-28-2009 12:36 AM

the 2 door models that you keep mentioning, are they 2WD or 4WD?

have you thought about just buying a 2WD truck? 'cause they'll go alot lower than any 4WD.

FYI: no 2WD components for the front end will fit the 4WD.

fahzie 10-07-2009 07:45 PM

i got a 4 door 4x4, and im in the works now of lowering it. all i did was turn down the torsion bolts, put drop shocks in for the front, and now im waiting for my leaf springs and rear shocks. they are belltech drop leafs, paid a bundle, but im in jersey and they hang you at inspection if you have blocks. ive seen lowering torsion keys but never used them on my cars, i just turn them down. lot of dif. ways to do it

old skool luvr 10-07-2009 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by fahzie (Post 252465)
i got a 4 door 4x4, and im in the works now of lowering it. all i did was turn down the torsion bolts, put drop shocks in for the front, and now im waiting for my leaf springs and rear shocks. they are belltech drop leafs, paid a bundle, but im in jersey and they hang you at inspection if you have blocks. ive seen lowering torsion keys but never used them on my cars, i just turn them down. lot of dif. ways to do it

you mean the torsion bars, right? like i said in my earlier post, it's a heck of alot easier to lower a 2WD than a 4WD. besides, how much of a drop are you gonna get on a 4WD truck, couple of inches? maybe 3?
i understand you already have this truck, and buying another one is always gonna cost you more, but you haven't stated how far you want to go. do you just want a moderate drop, or are you looking @ tuckin' the wheels?
tell us where you want to go, that'll make it easier on your avenue of direction.

Chriscursle81 10-10-2009 12:09 PM

Yeh i just lowered my 4wd 04 blazer 4 in the back wit blocks and leafspring and in front 3 wit torsion keys. I think i need stiffer performance shocks to prevent tire from hitting wheelwells and bumpstops to stopo hitting. Does any1 know how to solve this issue. If so can please get bak to me asap

Sisk 10-10-2009 04:30 PM

I'm with old skool....lowering a 4x4 is a hell of a lot of work and money. There is a reason why lowering kits for 4x4's are so hard to find..it's not a common thing lol. You're not going to be able to slam a 4x4 truck, so if you're looking for a low rider get a 2wd. If you're just looking for a moderate lower then it is possible.

old skool luvr 10-13-2009 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chriscursle81 (Post 253251)
Yeh i just lowered my 4wd 04 blazer 4 in the back wit blocks and leafspring and in front 3 wit torsion keys. I think i need stiffer performance shocks to prevent tire from hitting wheelwells and bumpstops to stopo hitting. Does any1 know how to solve this issue. If so can please get bak to me asap

shocks only control the rate of rebound & control the bounce caused by road surfaces. they do absolutely nothing to prevent you from bottoming out. i think you might be confusing "90/10 drag shocks" for this.

the drag shocks give you instant lift on their travel (for weight transfer to the back of the car for launch), but are much slower to return to "normal" ride height. they also are extremely stiff for driving on the road, and will beat your ride excessively, and make it unsafe for road use (too much wheel hop). i pull the drag shocks from the front of my Dart when it see's any road use for this exact reason.

you still never mentioned how much of a drop you want, and since you won't be going off-road with you truck lowered, why don' you look for a 2WD truck? it'll be a hell of alot cheaper to lower than a 4WD will ever be-and alot safer too.