Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lowering Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/)
-   -   Planning on gettin a 4x4 blazer and lowering it, need help... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/planning-gettin-4x4-blazer-lowering-need-help-97578/)

That One Redneck 08-21-2018 12:18 PM

Planning on gettin a 4x4 blazer and lowering it, need help...

I am soon within the next few months gonna buy my first Blazer and want to do a whole bunch of mods to it. Such as lowering it, I can only find 4x4's in my area which in my opinion is good for at least those days when you really need all four wheels pulling you out of some situations. I don't plan on taking it off road but more less doing a whole engine swap and everything turning it into a daily driver/ drag truck. But I'm curious if anyone has lowered a Blazer before specifically 2nd gen 95-05 yr range with 4 wheel drive. If so please let me know and provide any tips you guys may have anything helps, Thanks! :)

DonL 08-21-2018 09:26 PM

Chevyriders did a jimmy... not sure if it was 4x4. But a 4 door... looked decent with vette rims. But keep this updated... wouldn't mind seeing it in progress... and there were many more. Green blazer is another one I can think of recently. But again not sure if it was 4x4. But his was a 2 door.

That One Redneck 08-21-2018 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by DonL (Post 694585)
Chevyriders did a jimmy... not sure if it was 4x4. But a 4 door... looked decent with vette rims. But keep this updated... wouldn't mind seeing it in progress...

Idk yet, I'm still deciding on a Blazer or 2wd Silverado 1500 so it depends. It'll be a year from now until I get the money to be able to do it once I have it all saved up and ready to go. So I'm still in the deciding process lol

blazen_red_4x4 08-22-2018 08:53 PM

The rear should be pretty straight forward, plenty of room to move the axle up using either shackles, lowering leafs, or a combination; I believe many of the suspension components in the rear are shared with the 2wd.

The font may be a little tricky. Most 2wd guys will run drop spindles, which actually replace the original 2wd spindles for ones that lower the front ride height without messing with any of the suspension and steering geometry. You might find some drop spindles for a 4wd, I honestly couldn't tell you if they exist or not, I've never looked, kinda went the other direction with my 4x4 lol. I would think that the bump stops limit the suspension dropping pretty severely, so just loosening up the torsion bars isn't going to get you too much (at most maybe 2")

chevyriders 08-23-2018 06:58 AM

I got close to 3 iinches out of my jimmy with lowering blocks in the rear, and turning down the torsion keys in the front, as blazenred said.

Be aware, it will make the ride rough. Front lowering shocks could possibly fix that, but I can't say for sure.
click the Minnie Jimmy link in my sig to get an idea what it will look like