Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lowering Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/)
-   -   Time to drop the dime (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/time-drop-dime-93988/)

blazeofglory 02-03-2017 09:46 PM

Time to drop the dime

3 Attachment(s)
Well the time has come to rid myself of the 60's gasser look!

In the morning I'm going to start dropping the "Blaze of Glory"! Hope to do a step by step photo ( and possible video) tutorial of the process to pass along.

Stay tuned,.......

Gator

newguy 02-04-2017 07:03 AM

Noooooooo

blazeofglory 02-05-2017 08:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, after a few set backs at least the front is dropped,..........and OMG is it Looooooow!!! Hopefully it will look better after I get the rear done.

newguy 02-06-2017 04:21 AM

no it wont

blazeofglory 02-06-2017 09:53 PM

Replaced the rear springs this afternoon (to dark for pics today). Unfortunately the exhaust (3" from the cat back) is now in the way! Well that's par for the course. Gonna have to cut it out and "try" to reroute it........wasn't much room to begin with now there's even less.
I knew (to run duals out the back) that I would have to mount a fuel cell in place of the stock tank. I still want to run 3" so as NOT to choke off the 383 (that I already have) or I might build another 420. The 383 LOVES 3" and based off my past experience with my k5 (now gone,....sadly) the 420 needs at least a 3" but really "works" with a 3 1/2 to 4".
Looks like I'll have to order up some oval tubing and bends and build a new system all together. For now, as much as I hate to.....think I'll just have to chop the tail pipe out behind the muffler and run a turn down/out until I actually do the v-8 swap.

El_Beautor 02-07-2017 09:03 AM

Good luck. I hope it works out smoothly for you.

blazeofglory 02-07-2017 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor (Post 673125)
Good luck. I hope it works out smoothly for you.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

blazeofglory 02-07-2017 06:44 PM

Well for the time being I had to cut out the tailpipe from just forward of the rear axle and add a turn down. (not happy about it, but for the time being it will suffice)

As it stands right now the drop is 5" in the front and 3" in the rear. I may put the 1" spacers (included with the springs) in and raise the front up so it's a 4/3 drop,......just not sure yet. Don't have any clearance issues, and the ride isn't too bad (pretty firm but not bad) but not sure if the bumper cover I have coming will clear with that much of a drop. If it does,.......I may leave it as is. (we'll see)

Hopefully I can start posting the "how to" pretty soon (that was the whole purpose of this tread after all).

blazeofglory 02-08-2017 05:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well the weather cleared up enough to get some photos of the completed drop, so here they are.

Tonight or tomorrow I will start on the step by step "How to" if anyone is interested,.............(if not I won't take up space on the forum posting it) Any interest??? Yes? No?

Gator

rexmburns 02-08-2017 07:54 PM

Back needs moar low!

The uneven space between the top of the tire and fender arch is what throws it all off for me. Bring the front up an inch and the back down 2" and you will be spot on IMO.