Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lowering Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/)
-   -   Wanting to lower front another inch... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/wanting-lower-front-another-inch-20079/)

RedXtreme04 04-22-2008 09:54 PM

Wanting to lower front another inch...

I have a Ground Force 2"/3" static drop on my 04 Blazer Extreme (coils & blocks only). I was wondering if there is a way to lower the front another 1/2" to inch without buying new springs. I'm not very suspension savvy so please use simple terms that I can understand.. much apprecition to you all!!
Also.. has anyone intalled those "Sulastic" things on their lowered Blazer? Do they work? I'm looking for a simple way to reduse the hopping in the rear that accompanies lowered trucks. Again, thanks for all your help!! -T

blazin97 04-23-2008 02:48 AM

RE: Wanting to lower front another inch...

What hopping are you talking about, I have no problem.
To answer your question no you have to get new springs.
If you dropped it with coils than you only dropped it 1/2 inch in the front because the xtremes are lowered stock with 1 1/2 inch lower coils

RedXtreme04 05-06-2008 05:08 PM

So what springs do you recomend to get another 1/2" lower? The stance just seems off, and the hopping I'm talking about is in the rear. Like avery little bump in the road sends my ass bouncing in the drivers seat.. the advertisement for Sulastic says it eliminates this, just wondering if anyone has applied it to their ride. But I'm more interested in getting the front end lower... thanks again! -T

blazin97 05-07-2008 12:11 AM

As far asI know noone makes akit for 1/2" they are all 1-2-3"

LORCLAS 05-09-2008 12:04 AM

Did you get drop shocks too? Designed for lower suspensions. That may helpthe hop issues.

nj4x4blaze 05-09-2008 05:38 AM

Did you C-notch the rear?

RedXtreme04 05-11-2008 06:40 PM

I got the Ground Force lowering kit 2" in front, 3" in rear. shocks/blocks in rear, springs up front. The shocks helped, but these roads in Texas are ****! Every summer it seems the dips get bigger and bigger...No C-notch, I dont even know what that is.. should I get a pair of 3" lowering springs for the front to give ita better stance?

thegr81 05-12-2008 12:47 AM

I would go with a drop spindle for the front to keep and maintain front end geometry!! As for a c-notch your not low enough to worry about needing to do that. To explain what a c-notch is in simple terms is when you notch the frame section above the axle to accomidate more suspension travel if your rear end smacks the frame this is a common mod to do if you monoleaf the rear of a truck, by monoleaf that means when you take all but the main leaf out of the leaf pack!! Hope this helps you out. For the drop spindles I suggest airbagit.com drop spindles from them cost 110.00 and I have them on the front of my blazer and have no problems with them at all and in Phoenix we have crap roads as well!!