New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

BF.com Community Map - See Who's Close! - FIXED 9/20/10!!!

Old 12-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default BF.com Community Map - See Who's Close! - FIXED 9/20/10!!!

Ok boys & girls. I finally found what I had talked about to some of you. I thought this was a real neat idea when it was done on another forum I'm on and thought I'd suggest it here. Many have expressed interest in meets. Well, this way, we can all meet in a nice central spot for everyone in the area and some of you may be able to do mini-meets in your own town if you have people close!

*EDIT - 9/19/10*
Frappr is no more. For an update on what is going on in this thread, check out the last page. CLICK HERE for a few options I have found.

*EDIT 2 - 9/20/10*- After working with both of the options for a bit, I just find ZeeMaps.com to be so much easier to work with. Plus, everything I have tried on ZeeMaps works unlike UMapper.

So, without further delay --- HERE IS THE NEWLY RESTORED COMMUNITY MAP!!

Blazerforum.com Community Map - ZeeMaps.com - ZeeMaps went to a paid service and locked our map...

For those of you already on the map wishing to change the info, please shoot me PM or email with the current marker info and I will respond back with the link to edit the marker.

*EDIT 3 - 6/1/2019*- Seems almost all of the utilities that are similar to ZeeMaps which allow users to add pins to a public map are on a similar payment plan. ZeeMaps was kind enough to export the CSV file with all of the member pin locations and send it to me, but I have been unsuccessful in finding an alternative that works like ZeeMaps did for free. I have found a few plugin alternatives that use the Google Maps API that would allow the map to be integrated into the forum and filled with location data provided by the user in their profile. I will see if I can get the site owners to implement this approach as it would be fully in our control moving forward and most importantly will be FREE (hopefully)!

Old 12-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Starting Member
Bocomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looks good Kyle, I have a ?

Once I add myself to the map, I can edit it. I would like to add a photo of my Blazer, but I don't have a good one yet. Pretty sure it should be fairly easy. I just didn't want to add myself now if I wouldn't be able to edit it.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Looks good Kyle, I have a ?

Sounds like fun...and I made sure it's at the top so new people can add themselves as they join. Everyone else on here already should follow suit!

Old 12-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

good idea kyle!

Old 12-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if it is edit-able...(is that a word...)... Anyway, When the time comes, just PM me and I can get it straightened out. I'm the admin of that map so I can delete members, then you can put everything back the way you want it to be.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Count me in. I'm not really into meeting people i meet online, (no offense), but i added myself anyway. Nice work Mr. S.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

That's how I met my girlfriend of 3 years...not EVERYONE on the internet is a psycho killer...

besides...meeting people in a bar or elsewhere for that matter is just as dangerous. The only difference is you see them in the flesh before you get to know them.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Administrator

'Tis true. You really have to pick your places as far as what forums you'd meet up with the members. I've had nothing but GREAT experiences with meets that I've been to with the guys and gals from BonnevilleClub.com and I knew that it was going to be that way before I even showed up. BC.com is very much a family oriented site/forum. Many things are not tolerated there.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand what you guys are saying. I'm only a teenager anyway, i'd have to get my parents permission. SNOWDAY!

Old 12-09-2005, 05:18 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

sounds like a good idea swartlkk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BF.com Community Map - See Who's Close! - FIXED 9/20/10!!!